Thursday, March 16, 2017

Spring for CAS Watercolour

Hello my friends.

The first half of March has whoosed past and it's time for another
CAS Watercolour card.


Spring is just a few days away for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

The tulips will be blooming very soon.

I used a NBUS tulip stamp, inking it with Fossilized Amber
and stamping on the smooth side of my watercolor paper.

I smooshed some Distress stains on my home made palette
(a piece of laminated white cardstock) and used my Aqua Painter
to pick up the ink and paint it around the flowers

The MISTI made it possible to stamp again adding the lines back in.
and I added some shading with the small end of the a Barn Door Distress Marker.

I used a marker to line the stems and added water with my Aqua Painter.

There is a very light wash of blue in the background.

FYI, the black frame came about because I cut the design piece too small.
That was after cutting the circle aperture and measuring carefully.
It ended up being a happy accident though, after spending an hour finding
a circle die that was just the right size!

There's still time to enter at
CAS Watercolour
The challenge is open until the 24th.
The Design Team and our Guest Designer, Heather, have been busy
creating spring cards to inspire you.


BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL COLORS      

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps: Blooming Garden (PB), Beautiful Butterflies (PTI)
Ink:   Fossilized Amber, Archival Black,  Distress Stains (Worn Lipstick, Barn Door, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass), Distress Markers (Barn Door, Gathered Twigs)
Paper:   Neena Solar White, Watercolor (TH)
Other:  Aqua Painter, Double Stitched Circles (LI), Infinity Circles (HA), Seed Beads

20 comments:

Carole said...

Beautiful card Bonnie...and I think your happy accident sets it off those red tulips perfectly.

jimlynn said...

So pretty and perfect. A wonderful anniversary card!
Lynn

Julia Aston said...

What lovely tulips Bonnie! Great watercolor technique on coloring them. Can't wait for them to start blooming IRL! I really like that anniversary sentiment too! Julia xx

nancy littrell said...

Your watercoloured tulips and framing turned out beautifully Bonnie. I love your classic CAS design. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful Bonnie! It's been a warmer Winter for us here in IA. The Dutch city 15 miles from us has been worried their tulips will all come up before their May Tulip Time weekend. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that with stamping! :D

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Stunning Bonnie and it was serendipity indeed that you cut the focal piece out a bit small because the black framing it really makes it pop even more! Thanks for the inspiration! Have a great weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Loll said...

LOVE your no-line watercoloured tulips, Bonnie. They are really beautiful. The black framing is just perfect to make the flowers pop. It's always great to have those "happy accidents". xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic card Bonnie - the black edge makes it all the more so
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

Such a soft, happy spring card -- love the way it is colored. Thanks for the specific steps....helps a lot. I always get such a kick out of your "true confessions"...makes me feel less dopey with mine (smiley face).

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. I think the black frame sets those pretty tulips off perfectly.

Marcia Hill said...

Nothing says Spring more to me than tulips, and these are just GORGEOUS Bonnie!! And I love your happy accident with the framing...that black framing really makes those tulips stand out! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring, love the red tulips.
Faith
x

Susan said...

Lovely bright tulips, wonderfully framed with the black circle!

Nstiz said...

Bonnie this is so well done it appears to be a painting! Love the coloring! I can't stop looking at it. This should be framed! Incredibly gorgeous artwork!

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie, love those bright flowers too ;) Viv xx

Mac Mable said...

Loving the happy accident of the black inner circle....I might have done the same thing myself on occasion! Those tulips look so gorgeous and love how you over stamped them with the Misti. Classy and beautiful card x

Christine Alexander said...

love the bold colours of the tulips and the watercolour with the touch of crisp edge. awesome card

Bobby said...

I have to CASE this, Bonnie. I have the stamp but I love the no-line watercoloring and then restamping the line. It gives it a more finished look.

Helen said...

Beautiful card - fabulous stamping!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Greta said...

Happy accident indeed! Beautiful Spring card, Bonnie! So glad you joined us at PBSC!