Monday, May 8, 2017

Pink Tulips

Hello stamping friends.

Today I'm sharing some cards that I did some time ago but never shared.

The first card was done for the CAS Watercolour challenge last month.

My friend Susan did a card that was almost the same
so I decided to wait to post mine.


I used a NBUS tulip stamp, inking it with Abandoned Coral and Mowed Lawn
and stamping on the smooth side of my watercolor paper.

Water from the Aqua Painter moved the ink around.

The MISTI made it possible to stamp again adding the lines back in
and I added some shading with the small end of the green Distress marker.

After adding a little dirt at the bottom to ground the tulips,
I added some brown from the brush to the leaves to give them a more realistic look.

There is a very light wash of blue in the background.

And a twofer....

This one was done with generational stamping. 
I stamped the tulips three times without re-inking.

It went in the mail last month.

It fits this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge too.

and

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
HINT OF PINK
This is kind of a big hint of pink.  I hope that's OK.



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Tulips (TT)
Ink:   Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass (Distress)
Paper:   Neena Solar White, Whisper White, Calypso Coral (SU), Watercolor (TH)
Other:  Aqua Painter, Heartfelt Die (PB)



20 comments:

JosieD said...

Your watercolors always look so good...definitely your thing. Mine often look like a mess but I keep trying (smiley face). The EF makes the card look so classy...I think it is a SU one that I need to dig out.

Mac Mable said...

Such pretty cards and your water colouring is amazing. The scripty die cut on your first card goes so well with your fabulous card and loving the texture on the dry embossing. Great technique on your second card with the generation stamping x

Mrs A. said...

Both lovely cards. My favourite is the second softer dreamy looking card. Hugs Mrs A.

Loll said...

Great job of showcasing the beautiful tulip images in different ways, Bonnie. The colours are so fresh and spring-y. :) xx

Doris said...

Both cards are beautiful, but I especially like your generational stamping!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful tulip cards, Bonnie! Especially love the second one with the double stamping!!

Sandy said...

Both cards are beautiful but I do like the second one the best!
sandy xx

BożenA said...

Hello Bonnie,
I love your embossed background on the card panel. Draws attention and adds a lot of charm. I also like the way you added color to stamps. This makes the card unique and unrepeatable. Beautiful cards, both I like very much. Thank you for sharing and beautiful inspiration.
Hugs,
BożenA

Bobby said...

Lovely tulips with wonderful embossed backgrounds, Bonnie. I can never get generational stamping to work for me but each of your layers are visible.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Wow! Both cards are gorgeous. Love the watery look to your tulips.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful cards Bonnie, love the stamping effects.
Faith
x

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love the tulips and you did a great job with the watercoloring.

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful water colored tulips Bonnie! Love both versions! Julia xx

Pat said...

Two gorgeous tulip cards Bonnie, with the first having that cleaner look and love the die cut sentiment, then the second has the looser and more random finish with the first, second and third generation stamping giving a wonderful range of colours and the embossing in the backgrounds of both cards is really pretty. x

Nstiz said...

What a beautiful job you did with this! I'm intrigued by the wonderful, different shades of green you achieved on the leaves. This is gorgeous, Bonnie and love the generational stamping one too!

Christine Alexander said...

both are so pretty but love the second generation image, it's so soft and gorgeous:)

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards using a stamp we both have! Gorgeous colours and shading!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful cards, love the tulips.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Linda said...

Love these Bonnie. Both are beautiful. I don't know how to get the look of the second one, but I like it so much.

Lori Turner said...

Both of these cards are very pretty, Bonnie! I need to watercolor more often - I sure like it! xxoxo