Monday, May 15, 2017

Splattering Reminder for CAS Mix Up

It's CAS Mix Up  reminder time.

There's still time to join in.


Our challenge this month is
I used stamping, splattering, stenciling, watercolor and shaped die cut

I used the leftover from die cutting this iris as a stencil and
watercolored through the stencil on a piece of Acrylic Paper.
I love the texture of this paper!

Then came the fun part.

I still haven't pulled out a box so I splattered the card front and 
my work table and everything else on it!

But I got some good splatters on my design piece and 
none on the walls, so all is good!

Then I watercolored the die cut iris with Zig CCRBMs and my Aqua Painter.

I added layers of color until I had the depth of color I was looking for.

I had to be patient and let the flower dry then used a bone folder to shape it.

I used liquid glue on the stem and leaves and dimensionals behind the flower
so there's lots of dimension.

Stamped the sentiment and it was ready to put on a card base.

The Design Team have some more cards to share with you.
Can't wait for you to see them.

You have until the 24th to join us.

Hope to see your CAS cards at the Mix Up.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sprinkles and Smiles (PB)
Ink:   Concord Crush (SU)
Paper:   Acrylic, Mixed Media (Strathmore), Neena (110 lb.)
Other:  Single Iris Die (PB) Stencil cut from die, Zig CCRBM (#28 Pale Pink, #25 Pinnk, #43 Olive, #44 Deep Green, #80 Violet, #81 Light Violet), Aqua Painter, Paintbrush


23 comments:

Loll said...

I love this iris die so much ... and you have made so many gorgeous cards using it. I now HAVE to buy it! :) Love how you've used the die-cut leftover to create a stencil. Lots of movement on this card ... it looks as though you have a whole garden of irises. :) Another beautiful card, Bonnie!! xx

nancy littrell said...

Your iris die cut and stenciled background using your die cut negative is so beautiful and creative, Bonnie. Like Loll...I have this iris die on my wishlist! TFS and enabling us my friend. Hugs..

Trina P. said...

This is so beautiful, Bonnie! Love purple and green together. Love all the splatters and you coloured the die cut beautifully.

Linda said...

Beautiful Bonnie. Hope you had a great Mother's Day.

Julia Aston said...

what beautiful dimension on this Bonnie - with the die cut iris layered over the watercolor stenciled one - Love this! and what a lovely mixed font sentiment! Julia xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a fabulous Iris Bonnie and I love how you mirrored it with the stencilling . . . genius! Just think, if the splattering HAD gone on the walls, you might have started a new trend in interior design! Such a beautiful card! Have a wonderful day my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

Your irises are so beautiful. They look like real flowers on your card. Simply gorgeous.

Doris said...

We have some blue irises that are very special to us. They always bloom for our anniversary (May 27th). This year is extra special as it will be our 50th! (And they said it would never last LOL!). The gem you used on the blossom and the way you grounded them adds to the realism of the image. Glad your splattering missed the wall, too.

Sandy said...

Fantastic!!!!! I am going to print this out for sure!
Sandy xx

Sandy said...

Do I have your permission for using your instructions for doing this?? I love it - I want to do it in my art journal.
Sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful card, love the dimension of the Iris on the watercolour.
Faith
x

Nstiz said...

I would have never thought to use the negative of the die cut to paint the image. That's brilliant, Bonnie! Love that idea. This one is a gem! And your splatters are perfect. I too have never bothered with the box. I know I should because the mishaps that I have are much like yours. Avoid the walls and all is good!

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie,the negative die cut looks so pretty, I love the soft detail and light splatters. beautiful card

Darnell said...

Mmmmm, Bonnie, this is so dreamy!! I adore it! Hugs, Darnell

kiwimeskreations said...

What an adorable beauty this iris is - love your dimension, and the way the die cut is echoed by the background
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Such a special card. Marvellous Iris's and loving the dimension. Eye catching CAS card and the perfect sentiment x

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say....great use of the negative die cut and great about no splats on the wall xxxx

JoAnn said...

I love how you used the negative die cut as a stencil for your watercoloring. The spattered background looks great. Beautiful card.

Susan said...

Oh I really do have to buy that iris die! Every time you use it, I'm in awe. This card is fabulous with the way you used the negative die cut as a stencil and then layered the positive over it. Wonderful colours and splatters!

Jo said...

Beautifully accomplished. This is one of my favourite flower dies, can't seem to get enough of it ;) Such an interesting approach, this card truly reflects how they grow ...all close together. Got some in my garden.
Love that paper too, those dainty splatters are perfect, an gorgeous happiness card! xx

Bobby said...

The iris is lovely, the color so perfect, Bonnie.

desperatehousewifecraft said...

Beautiful Iris's and I love the depth & dimension you gave to it!

Kirsi said...

So fragile, so beautiful!