Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Stenciling with Distress Oxide Inks

Hello friends.  Welcome to my blog.

Here's another card from my play with the Distress Oxide Inks.


I LOVE this silky smooth ink for stenciling!

I sponged the ink through the stencil, spritzed with water and
removed the stencil.  The water makes the ink brighten up.
It left a few splatters to give some feeling of texture to the flower.

I cut one X-stitch border piece from a larger one and inlaid it.

Some splatters with watered regular ink and dew drops finished it up.

This month's CAS Mix Up
I've used stamping, splatter, stencil, and inlaid die cuts.

I'm also taking this to TIME OUT Challenges
FLOWERS WITH THE OPTION OF KISSING
No kissing on this card but I'll send some with the hug!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   DOX (Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint), Elegant Eggplant (SU)
Paper:  Neena (110 lb. Solar White) 
Other:  Lovely Large Flower Stencil (Wendy Vechi), X-Stitch Border Dies (Gina Marie), Clear Droplets (PPP), Fun Foam


11 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE this stencil, Bonnie. Great job with the DOX inks ... the colours are so pretty. xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So artistic Bonnie! I'm loving the look of those DO inks, but trying not to succumb to the temptation, or I will want every one of them!! Have a lovely day! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

JosieD said...

Wow--what a good look with the DOX! And the splatters and inlaid X-stitch borders add so much ...great looking card.

Susan said...

Beautiful use of the Oxide inks! Love the way you used the two stitched die cuts to border it!

Doris said...

Another beautiful card, Bonnie! The splattering is a nice finishing touch, too.

Lori Turner said...

Wow, this is so pretty Bonnie, I love it!!

BożenA said...

The card looks very beautiful. Both the use of stencil as well as the splendid colors of DO, by splashing, on border cutters ending ... The whole is really great and makes a great card. I would like to thank you very much for your presence and friendship. That means a lot to me.
hugs,
BozenA

Bobby said...

I love the variety of color you get by spritzing the Oxides, Bonnie. Plus the X cut panels add so much texture.

Mac Mable said...

Those inks are really fabulous. Love the vibrant colour and those gorgeous die cut rectangles frame your card really well x

Sandy said...

Beautifully done Bonnie - gorgeous card!
Sandy xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Thanks for sharing this technique - I am still learning about DOX inks. I do love them, and your result is wonderful. Fantastic flower-themed card! Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at Time Out.