Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Celebrating Independence Day

Hello.

Happy Independence Day
if you live in the USA.

And I hope my Canadian friends had a wonderful Canada Day!


This is a CASE of a card by my good friend LeAnne.
Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

The main image was an ATC card done for the June swap
for my crafty ladies group.

I've stamped on Naturals White and Cherry Cobbler snippets
with my Woodgrain background stamp, then cut both into strips.

I used a new embossing folder, Pinewood Planks for the background
and added even more texture with corrugated cardboard and burlap ribbon.

I also want to share the bounty my friend Candee (Card Corner by Candee) brought me.


Everything was full of candy.  Appropriate don't you think?
She also knows my favorite treat and spoils me.
You can see how she made these goodies here
While you're there check out her other posts.
Candee has some awesome organizational hints and lots of creative cards and projects!

Challenges:
Just Us Girls Challenge: Congrats on 400 challenges! That's something to celebrate!
Less is More: Colors of your country's flag.
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Red, White and/or Blue.
Time Out Challenges: Celebrations with the optional twist of one layer cards. No option here.


 
 



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps: Woodgrain Background (retired SU) 
Ink:   Midnight Muse (retired SU)
Paper:   Naturals White Midnight Muse (retired SU), Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Pinewood Planks Dynamic EF (SU), Corrugated Cardboard (box), Star Punches, Burlap Ribbon (retired)


26 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie what a stunning card you have made - love all the texture there!
What a wonderful friend you have in Candee to supply you not only the papercraft goodies, but also the sweets!
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

I am going to CASE this card for a vet's b'day coming up -- love the look of the card and I have the supplies to make it. Happy 4th!

Loll said...

Amazing card, Bonnie! This is THE perfect design to celebrate your nation's birthday. Happy 4th!! xx

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning...love everything about it. Your layout is classy and very striking. Wow to the texture.... Thank you for sharing this beauty and enjoy your special day x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great card, I love the burlap! Have a great holiday!

Karen Dunbrook said...

great card Bonnie..love the bit of burlap for great texture.
What a kind friend...enjoy your day!
xx Karen

Brenda in IN said...

This is a great card for the holiday. Candee's gifts are so cool. And treats, too! Happy 4th Bonnie.

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, I absolutely LOVE this! The touch of burlap is perfect for this Americana look! What a great design and love the treats by your friend!

Sandy said...

Another perfectly perfect card Bonnie. As you know by now, I love your style.
Happy 4th of July!!!!
sandy xx

Sandy said...

Another comment Bonnie. I love your friend Candee's work and I wish you would get her to put a subscribe my email thingy on her blog. Thank you for leading me to her.
Sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! my goodness, what a wonderful set, hope you are enjoying your celebration.
Faith
x

Candee said...

LOVE your card Bonnie -- esp the touch of burlap!!! Very AMERICAN on our birthday!1 Thanks also for the 'shout out' for my blog -- that was sweet!! Happy 4th!! Candee P

nancy littrell said...

I love your clean, crisp and creative version of our USA stars and stripes, Bonnie. What fun gifts from your friend. TFS the link to Candee's blog too.

Happy 4th of July my friend. Hugs...

Macimbalo said...

What a gorgeous creations! Love the woodgrains, the cardboard and burlap - such an absolutely striking design! I'm so happy you linked this us at JUGS - Beautiful!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Happy 4th, Bonnie - just love your card! So cool with the bit of burlap!! Fun treats from Candee too!

Christine Alexander said...

Happy 4th of July, great card, Love the wood grain background and cute swatch of burlap :)

Liz said...

Happy 4th of July from across The Pond. Wonderful card, Bonnie, love the added texture. Super goodies from your friend, too. xx

Caryn said...

Happy 4th July! This is such a fabulous card. Love the design and layout, very fresh.
Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp ANYTHING GOES Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

How sweet to receive all those nice treats. I love your Independence Day cards. I struggle with them (and they are all usually last minute). I like how you didn't need themed stamps or dies to make the magic in this card happen.

Trina P. said...

A beautiful patriotic card, Bonnie. I just bought that Pinewood Plank EF. Love it behind your image. And lucky you to receive all those goodies from Candee. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less Is More.

Nonni said...

What a beautiful CAS card, yet so detailed. I love the use of burlap for texture. Well done! Thanks for taking tIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Shona Chambers said...

Love this clean, modern design Bonnie!! That 'plank' embossing folder is incredible and love that woodgrain stamp you used too. Your layers of stars look fab too, especially with the addition of the burlap. And boy oh boy did your friend go all out with her 4th of July goodies, she did an amazing job. Always wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!!

JoAnn said...

Love your patriotic card, great for the 4th. That was very nice of Candee to bring you all those lovely goodies. I know you enjoyed them.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Stunning card Bonnie! You've managed to perfectly capture and American patriotic look with a nautical look to - really clever. That embossing folder is lush and the addition of the burlap also adds to the texture elements. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your fabulous card! The layered embellishments are so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Bobby said...

I love all the texture on your card, Bonnie, stamped or embossed.