Monday, July 31, 2017

Lake Loon

Hello friends.

I hope the week is off to a good start for you.


It's Dare to Get Dirty Challenge time at Splitcoaststampers
and my good friend Nancy is hosting a challenge there.
This is a week long event each year where the past and present Dirty Dozen
members issue challenges to Fan Club members.

There are lots of prizes to be given out.

If you are a member of the SCS Fan Club you can join in
and find the challenge here.

Imagine my surprise when I saw this card by Marcia in the gallery.

I wondered when I had posted that card?  I looked closer and saw that it
wasn't my card at all but we had the same idea.

So I decided to wait and post it later.

The background is  tissue paper that I I spritzed with water and balled up.

I let it dry all balled up and when it was dry, I opened it and dabbed ink
on it with a sponge.

I did a piece with Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry and
another with blues.

Loll had sent me this awesome die cut a while back.
Thank you my friend.

Challenges:


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thinking of You (Altenew)
Ink:   Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry (SU), Faded Jeans (DI)
Paper:   Neena, Basic Black (SU), Tissue
Other:  Lake Loon Die (Gina Marie), White EP (SU)


20 comments:

Marianne said...

Wonderful cards, Bonnie, both yours and Marcie's. The orange tissue paper looks so pretty against the black. I still have a few tissue papers ready to be used on my cards, and I'll probably end up creating a few more. Love how the CAS Mix Up challenges are inspiring us to try new techniques.
Marianne x

Liz said...

Amazing card, Bonnie, I love the striking design. What a coincidence that Marcia made a similar card. As the saying goes.....Great minds think alike! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Great minds do think alike and we just proved that totally, didn't we?!! And I think your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Too funny my friend, but I love it!! :0)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulous die-cut that is Bonnie! Love the black against that gorgeous background piece you have created! Have a lovely week my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

A really beautiful card .. .. love the background behind that gorgeous die cut very much.

The white sentiment finishes everything off beautifully.

Hope your week has got off to a good start.

Love Jules xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Bonnie - love the colours you achieved on the tissue, and the way you have backed the die cut with them
Blessings
Maxine

Charlotte said...

Very nice card Bonnie. Love the colours popping out of the black frame.
Charlotte

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous color combo and textures for your beautiful loon background, Bonnie. I am so pleased you played in my DTGD17nancylittrell challenge that ends on August 4th. There are 5 awesome daily challenges to play in if you are a SCS fan club member. Your card is just Stunning my friend. Hugs..

JosieD said...

What a striking card with such a peaceful, nature feel to it. The black and the tissue paper set it off so well...plus another interesting tissue paper technique to try!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, this is so pretty. The die is very cool and all the colors you used made a lovely scene.

BożenA said...

WOW! This is such an incredible card, Bonnie. Beautiful vampire at dusk when the sun sends the last rays of the sun. You made an amazing mood on this card. Loll is an unusual friend. I am so happy that I also met her :-)))
BożenA xoxo

Julia Aston said...

The orange tissue looks stunning behind your wonderful black loon die cut Bonnie! Julia xx

Mrs A. said...

Wow. This is a fantastic scene you have created. The tissue paper background looks very scrummy. Gorgeous rich colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Christine Alexander said...

beautiful card I love the warm glow of the sunset in the background, too funny that great minds think so much alike :)

Mac Mable said...

Amazing and love the black silhouette against the that gorgeous background x Great minds really do think alike x

Unknown said...

Love the die. The background just sets it off perfectly.

Brenda said...

This die has been on my wish list from Gina Marie for a while now. I love it and I love your beautiful card Bonnie! Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Too funny that you and Marcia had almost exactly the same idea! Love the soft colours you got by just dabbing the ink on with a sponge. Great use of the loon die!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

STUNNING!
Faith
x

Loll said...

Gorgeous card ... I do love that die-cut and you've used it to perfect, my friend. Love the blue water and beautiful summer sunset. xx