Saturday, July 15, 2017

More Tissue Paper Techniques for CAS Mix Up

Hello friends.

It's the middle of the month and there's still time to
play with tissue paper for
CAS Mix Up

Here's a little something to hopefully inspire you.


I have to confess that I didn't do this tissue paper piece.

My friend and teammate, Nancy, sent me some of her pieces using
tissue paper and acetate.

I think this is what she considers the back side but I
loved the crinkles from the tissue and the way the green shows through
so I decided to use it back side forward.

I used a palette knife to rub some Inka Gold on the raised crinkles.

While that was drying, I die cut the two smallest stitched butterflies
and watercolored them with Distress Oxide ink smooshed on a
palette and picked up with an Aqua Painter.

I thought this butterfly needed some flowers so I
used a flower from my NBUS Mini Bouquet set.
Inked it up with Distress markers and stamped.

I used the rest of the tissue paper-acetate piece to make this card....

Loll had sent me this die cut of the trees that was perfect against this sparkly background!

A big thanks to both of my friends!

I lifted the whole design on fun foam for added dimension.

I had stamped the flower on a little piece to test it.
I couldn't let that little piece go to waste so
I have a threefer.



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Mini Bouquet (TH)
Ink:   Wilted Violet, Faded Jeans (DOX), Distress Markers (Wilted Violet, Shabby Shutters)
Paper:   Neena 110 lb., Linen Texture (Desktop Pub.), Mixed Media (Strathmore), Tissue Paper
Other:  Stitched Butterfly Trio (PS), Stitched Rectangles (SSS), Inka Gold, Acetate

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Holiday Snippets (PB)
Ink:  Emerald Envy (SU)
Paper: Neena, Tissue
Other: Acetate, Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Fir Tree Border die (IO), Foam

Card Recipe (card 3)
Stamps:  Mini Bouquet (TH)
Ink:  Smokey Slate (SU), Distress Markers (Wilted Violet, Shabby Shutters)
Paper:  Neena 110 lb., Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder (SU)
Other:  Crackle EF (Darice)


21 comments:

Darnell said...

Way to go with your threefer, Bolly! I agree with you about the "back" side in that stunning first card! (Fantastic against that breathtaking orchid butterfly!) And that bright "sky" behind the white winter trees is remarkable, as is your sweet left-over on that background - white crinkled tissue paper? You ladies are the greatest at being inspirational with your fun techniques!! Hugs, Dolly

Loll said...

Three beautiful tissue paper cards, Bonnie. Love the way you've used the "back side" of the acetate tissue. It's so cool with lots of texture. Using inka gold is a great way to add some shimmer. And beautiful with your layered butterfly and stamped flowers.

The snowy scene is just gorgeous with the vibrant blues and sparkle. And your "test" flowers made for a sweet design, perfect for a sympathy card. Looks like you are really enjoying playing with tissue paper. It is fun! Thanks for the great challenge!! xx

Julia Aston said...

I love all of your designs with the tissue paper Bonnie - the little stamped floral stems are so sweet on two of them - and the tree die cut is perfect for the 2nd card! So much inspiration here! Julia xx

Sue said...

I love all the texture on your butterfly card, Bonnie and I like how you used the Inka Gold and added the stamped flowers. So pretty. A beautiful Christmas card too. Your sympathy card is so soft and gentle with the lovely textured background. Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration!

Betty said...

three lovely cards, Bonnie - the middle one is especially pretty!

stampingbowd said...

Wow, Bonnie! Your cards are sooo beautiful!!! I don't think I have heard of tissue and acetate but wow, these are splendid!!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous cards, Bonnie! And a great team work! :-) I love the beautiful tissue paper background (of course!), and your subtle second-generation stamping (flowers). Hideko

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties, Bonnie - especially love the delicate blooms with the crackle ef on card 3!!

nancy littrell said...

OMG Bonnie..all 3 of your tissue paper cards are so beautiful and inspiring with you using different techniques. Love how you used the back of my sample and added the Inka Gold heat embossing..gorgeous.

Beautiful dreamy Emerald Green background for your simply wonderful die cut trees on your 2nd card.

How fun to use a scratch piece of 2nd generation stamping on your 3rd card. It thought you had used white tissue paper for your background, but no...you used the perfect embossing folder design.

Three simply beautiful tissue paper cards. TFS all 3 my friend. Hugs..

Cathy said...

3 great cards Bonnie, I love the issue paper backgrounds and the crackle ef looks like tissue paper too! Cathy x

Greta said...

Creative, beautiful cards, Bonnie! I'm really drawn to the second one--LOVE it!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - a three-fer and that has meant triple gorgeousness Bonnie. Just love the sympathy card, and I may have to CASE it as I need to make one tomorrow.
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

The backside on the first card looks great and what a pretty scene you've created x Love the gold too x Eye catching second card. Glorious acetate/tissue paper and fabulous against the white and the hint of twinkle x Glad you didn't let the flower test go as you've got a really pretty card and love the texture on the background. What a treat today to have three cards...Thank you x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Threefer? and what wonderful threefers they are, beautiful colours and stamping and tissue paper with wonderful effect.
Faith
x

BożenA said...

Three awesome cards, Bonnie !!! All are very beautiful, but the other card is especially close to me because I love blue :-)) Thank you for the beautiful inspirations. On the occasion of your birthday I would like to wish us all to keep you inspired. You create such beautiful cards that give man so much pleasure.

Happy Birthday, Bonnie!!
Hugs,
BożenA

Christine Alexander said...

I love the muted greens and golds of your tissue paper card. Now I have to check out the back side of my pieces :) and the winter die cut is perfect of your AI on acetate background. Love that wonder scene.
As for the flower card, great way to use a test piece and make a stunning CAS card, loved all of them.

Sandy said...

So beautiful Bonnie - what may I ask, is the NBUS Bouquet set?
Sandy xx

Nstiz said...

I just love all three of these, Bonnie! The simplicity of your sympathy card is so eye catching. LOVE that butterfly and background using Inka Gold. And the winter scene, what gorgeous colors! Now if only I could get three ideas in one day like you do. Love your use of color on all three cards.

Pat said...

Fabulous makes using tissue paper Bonnie. The reverse side of the first is very pretty, and I can see why you thought it interesting, and I love that lovely pink butterfly, and the sweet little flowers finish it perfectly. I love that brilliant sky with the white die cut trees which stand out beautifully, and the test piece with the sweet little flowers looks great against the tissue paper (I think) background. x

Jo said...

Just beautiful, we must be on the same planet LOL, we both made 3 cards. I totally agree for your first card about using the back side. The inka gold really gives a richness to that background. That butterfly must truly be really a happy camper. The lavender stamping in the bottom right is the perfect combo too. Love them all dear friend. Many hugs xxx

Trina P. said...

Three brilliant cards, Bonnie. My favourite is the tree one. Gorgeous colours.
And happy belated birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Trina xx