Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Heartfelt Rose for CAS Watercolour Reminder

Hi there.

There's still time to join us at CAS Watercolour.



This month's challenge is

We always need birthday cards!

I did this watercolor with a stamp that was a gift from a dear friend.

I inked it with Distress Stains, then used my waterbrush to move the color.

I put some stain on my palette and picked up to add some darker shading.
You may notice that I added some brown to the leaves and lightly to the flower,
My flowers always seem to have brown on them!

Finally, I pulled out some of the color around the edges.

The sentiment was gifted to me from another dear friend.

The die cut design is popped up on a piece of foam.

Our Design Team is joined this month by the very talented

When I saw this photo for the challenge at Inkspirational
I saw the lovely pink flowers.
So I'm taking this over there.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Heartfelt Thanks (Stamplorations), Thoughtful Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint (Distress Stains and Markers)
Paper:   Watercolour (Arches Hot Press), Thick Vanilla (SU)
Other:  Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Waterbrush, MISTI, Sequins (SSS)


23 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Brown is good for me x What a beautiful and artsy card. The water colouring is so pretty and absolutely gorgeous. Stunning card Bonnie x

Betty said...

never thought of watercolouring with distress stains - lovely card, Bonnie!

Loll said...

Love the soft and delicate watercolouring of your beautiful rose and leaves, Bonnie. Brown is always there in nature so it's perfect that you include a little. Love how you've carried the colour outside of the lines to create depth with a shadow. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful watercolor rose, Bonnie! The brown shading looks amazing!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is so soft and pretty Bonnie! I LOVE the technique you have used! Have a great day! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mrs A. said...

Beautifully soft and feminine and just the colour I love. Hugs Mrs A.

jimlynn said...

Nothing prettier than a single beautiful rose! Love your card
Lynn

Marcia Hill said...

Oooooh....this is SO pretty Bonnie! I love the way you're able to move color around and still make it so natural looking! This is just absolutely GORGEOUS!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely love, love, love the soft edges of your watercolouring :)

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored flower and leaves, Bonnie. Love your watercolor wash too. A bit of brown, made your flower and leaves more realistic:-) TFS Hugs..

Karen Dunbrook said...

love the artistic look your beautiful rose has Bonnie...gorgeous.
xx Karen

Sandy said...

Really beautiful Bonnie!
sandy xx

JosieD said...

This coloring of the rose and leaves looks so real with the various shadings and touches of brown. You have much success using the Misti for this type of stamp and coloring -- it is still a work in progress for me(smily face).

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your "heartfelt" rose, so very pretty. - Faith

Shauna said...

What a beautiful card! Your watercolor flower is so wonderful and I like those you mounted a white panel on a cream card... I would never think to mix and match like that! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

JoAnn said...

Beautiful watercolor rose. Love your card.

MaryH said...

So beautiful. Your excellent watercolors always leave me so amazed - you get such depth of colors with the shading you create. This is such a pretty floral image and you've done it justice! TFS & Hugs

Nstiz said...

This is so well done, Bonnie! Love the loose water coloring on that beautiful image! I love the brown in the leaves too! It gives such a realistic look to them.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a pretty rose, Bonnie! Your soft and delicate watercoloring is so beautiful and adding a little brown makes the flower (and leaves) look realistic. I've never used (or owned) distress stains, but this card makes me want to get some! :-) Hideko

Susan said...

Beautiful rose! You totally captured the colouring of one of those lovely bicolour roses - I love them.

Brenda in IN said...

I can almost smell this sweet flower. It is so lovely and soft looking. Thank you for the get well wishes. I am hanging in there, not doing much. I'm trying to catch up on my favorite blogs and I'm so glad I came by.

BożenA said...

I love this soft image of a rose. It looks so romantic and feminine!
hugs,
BozenA

AlisonC said...

Beautiful watercolouring making a special card.