Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Flamingo Fun

Hi there.  I'm so glad  you stopped by today!

Today I have two cards for the Twofer #6 Challenge.
I had so much fun with these cards!





I had a palm tree die in my NBUS box and after failing miserably to do two
cards with a tree stamp, my eyes fell on this.

I wondered if the palm leaves would spiff up a flamingo?

Do flamingos fly?

This one does! Or he's thinking about it!

Or maybe someone ruffled his feathers?


I stamped the flamingo on a snippet of mixed media paper, (blank space
from the offending first tree trial), tapped it with a water brush 
and die cut it when it was dry.

Then I die cut two palm trees from more of the mixed media paper
and colored one to match the flamingo after cutting off the trunk.

I put it on a piece of splattered Gelato that I did with the girls at ESCR.
The colors were perfect!

A dear friend had sent me some PPP Marshmallow Confetti and
I thought it would add just the right embellishment.

For my Twofer...

I went more traditional with the second card die cutting it from more
of that mixed media paper.

I sponged some color on the palm tree, then moved the ink with a water brush
adding a few little trunk marks with a Distress Marker.

All I had to do was pop it on a piece of watercolor smoosh
from my background stash and frame it.

I'm thinking this would make a great retirement card!

Since I used snippets of mixed media paper, I'm going to drop by
where I haven't had time to play in ages!

Hope to see you in the Twofer Gallery!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Fabulous Flamingo (Reverse Confetti)
Ink:   Pink Pirouette (SU), Picked Raspberry, Hickory Smoke (DI), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Paper:   Mixed Media (St), Coastal Cabana (SU), Neenah
Other:  Fabulous Flamingo Die (RC), Palm Tree Die (wish, Gelatos, Splatter Brush (TH), Marshmallow Confetti (PPP), Water Brush

Card Recipe (card 2)
Stamps:  Enjoy (ret. SU)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Brown Sugar (SU), Vintage Photo (DM)
Paper:   Mixed Media (St), Neenah
Other:  Palm Tree Die (wish), Stitched Square Die (SSS), Marshmallow Confetti (PPP), Sponge Dauber, Water Brush

23 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So clever, Bonnie - just love your fluffy flamingo and the yummy palm tree duo! Fabulous backgrounds on both!!

Colleen said...

Oh aren't you the clever one! I had to do a double take to see the "tree" on the flamingo!! there are definitely some unique "trees" in the gallery this time around!! Heart Hugs, Col

MaryH said...

Now using those pink palm tree leaves for flamingo feathers was a brilliant idea! Very effective with this totally cool bird, and I love the color coordinated spatters too! Of course the twin palms are equally delightful and remind me of Florida days. You've really thought out of the box on this challenge. You are using some products that I've never heard of lately. TFS & Hugs, happy Cool Wkend too!

Christine Alexander said...

too funny, I love your flamingo with the ruffled feathers and your tropicl beach scene is wonderful. your watercoloured sky is spectacular.

Darnell said...

I'm going with the idea that she realizes she is being featured on your oh-so-pretty Gelato splattered bird-day card, so she is preening her feathers!! How very clever and fun and unique, Bon-Bon! And your palm tree card is perfect for a retirement card with the simple Enjoy sediment! Love the stitched panel and how you have part of the tree on the outside! Sweet bling, too! (There are lots of sun/summer/ beach/sea/ types of challenges out there now that this card would be great for!) I'm sorry that you fussed around so long trying for an entry. Thank you so much for persevering and joining in Twofer Card Challenge #6!! Hugs, Dolly

Loll said...

That is one fancy flamingo. I think she's dressed up for a bird-day party! Such a creative way to use the palm fronds, Bonnie!! And she looks so pretty on the gelato splattered background ... such a fun way to use gelatos!

Love that beautiful palm tree near the ocean. I feel relaxed just looking at this card! You should add this to the CAS Watercolour Ocean challenge! :) Two beautiful cards Bonnie. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

That flamingo is certainly in a flap with his feathers, Bonnie, but oh how clever of you to use the tree (top) like that - love it!! The palms look as though they are calling my name also. What a wonderful pair of cards!
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Classy and beautiful retirement card with fabulous water colouring. What a fun flamingo card and she looks so sassy and you certainly spiffed her up and she is clearly loving it x Very creative and fun x

JosieD said...

Terrific twofers! You are so creative with using parts of dies for an unexpected purpose. Headed out of town on a long car trip to visit family...will be doing some "Bonnie think" in the car to come up with unique ways to use die cut parts (smiles).

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how fun this flamingo is. He's fluffing up his wings to preen like peacocks do. The palm trees are authentic looking and I want to visit Florida now. Great twofer.

JoAnn said...

What fun cards Bonnie. Very cleaver to make one of the palm branches in to fluffy feathers for the flamingo. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful twofers, Bonnie! Both beautifully watercoloured. Your spiffed up flamingo is so fun and creative. Great job! xx

Nstiz said...

This is so clever for the challenge, Bonnie! Love how you used the palm tree to create feathers for the flamingo. You have created beautiful background for both cards too!

Susan said...

Very clever idea to spiff up the flamingo with the palm tree leaves! And I love the palm trees card with that beautiful sky - it looks so tropical and makes me long to be somewhere like that!

nancy littrell said...

Love your sense of humor, Bonnie. Who would have thought to dress up your pink flamingo, but you:-) TFS both your fun colorful cards. Hugs..

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

GREAT thinking and cards Bonnie
Faith
x

Brenda said...

OMGosh, you clever girl you! I love that you used the palm leaves on your flamingo! He does look like someone ruffled his feather. lol Such a clever idea and wish I had thought of it! I also love your little "island" look with your palm trees. Now, I don't want to be stranded on that island nor do I want to sail to that island as I just watched "Adrift". I'm staying on dry land thank you! Fabulous cards Bonnie! Hugs, Brenda

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a wonderful and fresh idea to add the palm leaves to dress up the flamingo, Bonnie!
The Gelatos splash background is so pretty and perfect for the flamingo. It looks like that the flamingo enjoys splashing.
You did a fantastic job with coloring the palm tree of the second card too. The watercolor smooshed background is perfect for the tropical scene. The white part looks like clouds. Hideko xx

Di said...

Oh Bonnie - I adore your flamingo (love the palm tree scene too) - what a stroke of total genius!

Wonderful that you came to play this time around as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love your dressed up flamingo - too clever!

Bobby said...

Ruffled his feathers indeed, Bonnie. So clever of you.

Julia Aston said...

Two fabulous designs Bonnie - how fun is that flamingo with her whirly wings!! very clever use of the palm tree branches!!

Pat said...

What a clever use of the palm tree leaves as extra feathers on the flamingo Bonnie and love the bright and pretty colours on both your cards. x