Sunday, June 17, 2018

Woodland Tree for CAS Christmas Reminder

Hello friends.  Whoosh! This month is halfway over!

I have another masculine Christmas card to share.


Theres still about a week to join in at CAS Christmas where Christine is hosting.
The Design Team and our Guest Designer Bobby,
have some more awesome inspirational pieces to show you.

You can find a link to instructions and video for layered embossing on this post.

This time I used the "skin" that was left over on the parchment paper
from other die cuts.

I melted clear embossing powder on this Tim Holtz die cut tree
then laid the pieces of "skin" on top and let the pieces melt together.

It turned out really shiny and has interesting patterns.

The stars behind the tree are heat embossed too.
The shine isn't showing in the photo.

This also fits with the CAS Mix Up Challenge
My mixed media are Layered Embossing Powders, Stamping, Heat Embossing and Die Cuts

Both challenges end on the 24th.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  In the Meadow (PTI), Star of Light (SU)
Ink:   Encore Gold
Paper:   Fresh Forest (FSJ), Linen
Other:  Woodlands Die (TH), Gold EP (SU), Mixed EP Skin


18 comments:

Loll said...

Love this tree with the layers of embossing powders. Such a great way to use up left overs from the encrusted jewel technique. These all melted together perfectly to create a gorgeous tree. Love the swoosh of stars in the background. xx

Mac Mable said...

Clever and creative use of the skin and the layering of the embossing looks fabulous. The swoosh of the stars look so pretty and the sentiment is wonderful on your beautiful card x

Christine Alexander said...

wow Bonnie, wonderful masculine colours and great use of your left over melted embossing powders.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous tree with the layers of embossing powders, Bonnie! Thanks so much for explaining how to use the leftover skin!
The swirl of stars behind the tree is so beautiful and picks up the gold shine in the tree. The linen card panel adds a subtle texture and an organic feeling to the card. Great choice, my friend! Hideko

Nstiz said...

Your tree is spectacular and the background flourish is just perfect with this. This is just gorgeous Bonnie!

Brenda in IN said...

Just when I think you have outdone yourself, you do it again! The is scrumptious. The swirl is so beautiful and that tree - oh my gosh. So much color and dimension. Heat index of 103 to 108 today so I may get a chance to try this. Since I didn't get the griddle, I should be able to just set it outside and let it melt!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a yummy layered embossed tree, Bonnie! Perfect colors for a guy and I love the swirl of stars behind too!!

Jo said...

Wow, a gorgeous tree. Love that stamp behind, I can feel the Christmas magic along with the Christmas wish! :D

Susan said...

Great use of the leftovers from previous layered embossing pieces! Love the various shades of green in the tree and the great swirl behind it!

nancy littrell said...

Wow...would love to see this shiny, artsy tree IRL, my friend. I can just imagine all the shine from the "skin"! Your swoosh of stars adds a magical effect that is so cool. TFS Bonnie. Hugs..

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! how clever you are and what a wonderful result, I love the tree.
Faith
x

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, I love the way your tree came out Bonnie! Loving this card! You got such a unique look on your tree and I love the stars behind it. I have that star stamp set and haven't used it yet. Love how you used it! Great masculine Christmas card my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Trina P. said...

Marvellous masculine card, Bonnie! Superb use of the leftover embossing powder skin. Embossing the trail of stars behind it highlights it perfectly. xx

Darnell said...

Brilliant, BonBon! I had forgotten about how we melted the skin at the end of our playing and how amazing and fun it was! Your tree is divine!! Hugs, Dolly

Bobby said...

The swirl of stars gives such a magical look to your card, Bonnie, and the skin made a fabulous tree.

Julia Aston said...

Love that magical star swirl behind your gorgeous embossed tree Bonnie!

MaryH said...

Can I just say "Awesome" and cover my thoughts on this gorgeous tree? TFS and for the link. I will get back to read up on this, as it is a stunning look. Hugs

Tee said...

Beautiful & creative!