Friday, September 21, 2018

Perched Hummingbird

Hi there.  Welcome to my blog!

Using inking stamp with markers, stamping, watercoloring, and die cutting.

Here's another card that I've inked with markers.

I've used my MISTI so I could ink one color, move the ink with a damp
water brush and stamp again if needed.

It's easy to stamp with different colors using this method and 
when the water makes you lose the lines, stamping again brings them back.

There's still time to ink up a stamp with markers and two other kinds
of mixed media and join in at CAS Mix Up.
Challenge ends on the 24th.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Perched Hummingbird (IO), Beautiful Day (ALT), Flower Sparks (PB)
Ink:   DM (Brushed Corduroy, Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Dried Marigold, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot), DI (Brushed Corduroy)
Paper:   Mixed Media (Strathmore 400 series), Neenah Solar White 110 lb.
Other:  Stitched Square die (SSS)


18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful stamped image and so perfect for the technique. So very pretty and loving the vibrant colours x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet hummingbird , Bonnie! Just love your watercoloring!!

nancy littrell said...

I love your beautiful watercolor look of your hummingbird and his perch. Such a fun technique with beautiful results. TFS your CAS card and hosting this month, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

So pretty!! What a gorgeous hummingbird Bonnie. Love the bright colours. I have had a lot of fun with this technique this month ... thanks for choosing it! xx

Marcia Hill said...

Your hummingbird is GORGEOUS Bonnie!! Beautiful colors and such a fun technique to use on some of our more detailed stamps! I've had quite a few hummers all summer long until this past week...I think that's a sign of what's coming! I'm ready for some cooler temps but not what comes after!! Hope you have a great weekend my friend!! :0)

Nstiz said...

Beautiful job with this technique Bonnie! Thar humming bird turned out so perfectly. Great colors too

Jo said...

Loving the harmony in the colours, impressive stamp watercoloring too. Such a fun technique, thank you for bringing this great way of stamping. Perfect sentiment xx

Susan said...

A beautiful hummingbird, perfectly coloured! Isn't it great to have the MISTI so that we can use techniques like this!?

Patti said...

This is just a beautiful card!! Perfectly colored!! It really does look like a watercolor painting!

Doreen said...

Love the fab image, this is just gorgeous.xxx

Sandy said...

Yep I am still here - love this Bonnie!
Sandy xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Gorgeous humming bird, Bonnie! Love the shades of the green with the pink accent. This is another fantastic sample of the inking with marker technique. Thank you so much for hosting the fun challenge this month! Thanks to the challenge, I think I'll use the technique more in the future. Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous colours for your humming bird Bonnie, really makes me thinkg summer. I so glad to see this so I can hold on to the last remnants :)

Julia Aston said...

I just love your little hummingbird Bonnie! so colorful and happy just sitting on that little perch - a beautiful watercolor look achieved on this! xx

Trina P. said...

How beautiful, Bonnie! The fun bright colours really draws attention to your lovely stamped hummingbird. Wonderfully watercoloured as well. xx

BożenA said...

A beautiful hummingbird! I love how colors vibrate on his feathers, I have the impression that the wings are shimmering. A great impression.
BożenA xx

Brenda said...

OMGoodness, this is so beautiful Bonnie! I love your hummer, who can resist a hummer?! Love where he is perched and love the flower below him. You got a winner with this one! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

Beautiful, Bonnie.