Sunday, September 23, 2018

Rustic Wreaths for CAS Christmas

Hi there.  Welcome to my blog.

I have two cards today done with this beautiful Penny Black wreath stamp.

They're a reminder that there's still time to play at CAS Mix Up.


Simply stamped with brown ink and adorned with Nuvo Crystal Drops

Here's the square version.


The background piece has been embossed with the 
Pinewood Plans Embossing Folder.

The bow has been die cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock, smacked
with WOW Embossing Pad and clear embossed.
The bow has a little wood sequin from Serendipity in the center.

This is pretty loosely following the sketch at 
ANYTHING GOES or OPTIONAL SKETCH
 


Challenge is open until the 24th.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe (card 1)
Stamps:  Adornment (PB), 
Ink:   Baked Brown Sugar (SU), WOW Embossing Pad
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Naturals White (SU)
Other:  Pinewood Planks EF (SU), Clear EP, Whirl Wreath bow die (PB), Infinity Circles (HA), Autumn Red Nuvo Crystal Drops, Wood Sequin (Serendipity) 

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Adornment (PB), Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Baked Brown Sugar, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Paper:   Naturals White, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Other:  Pinewood Planks EF (SU), Clear EP, Whirl Wreath bow die (PB), Stitched Square Die (Lil Inker), Autumn Red Nuvo Crystal Drops, Wood Sequin (Serendipity) 



21 comments:

Doreen said...

Two stunning cards,I love the wreath stamp.xxx

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colour combination and great layouts on both of your stunning cards x. Cute wood sequin too x.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection for both of these cards Bonnie and some day I'm just going to have to break down and get that Adornment stamp from Penny Black...LOVE it!! Love the woodgrain backgrounds too. Two absolutely GORGEOUS cards my friend!! :0)

Nstiz said...

That background is spectacular! WOW, love how you were able to control the placement of color on this! If I created one that good I'd make a ton of them! Fabulous, Bonnie!

Liz said...

Two fabulous cards, Bonnie. I love both layouts. xx

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, that wreath is beautiful. The mix of embossing powder and pearls is spectacular.

Michelle W said...

Beautiful cards Bonnie, I have just entered my card over at the challenge and noticed we have used the same Penny Black stamp! I always forget about my old stamps!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Two fabulous wreath cards, Bonnie! The wreath stamp itself is beautiful but your arrangement (the clear heat-embossed bow, the Nuvo drops, and the wood sequin) and the color combo make the wreath look even more beautiful. Both circle and square versions look fantastic with your well-thought variation of the designs! Hideko xx

Loll said...

LOVE your two rustic wreath cards, Bonnie! First, the dry embossed planks are a perfect place to "hang" your wreath. :) The wreaths look beautiful stamped in brown with those red berries. And the Cherry Cobbler layers and framing add a big punch of colour to the design. Always inspired by you, my friend!! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what beautiful and elegant cards Bonnie - so classy!
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

I so enjoy looking at your card creations with my morning cup 'a joe!!
Love both these wreath cards...my fave is the first one with the round die....striking. Plus love the red bow clear embossed.

JoAnn said...

Very pretty rustic wreaths with that red bow and red Nuvo drops. Love your cards and the colors.

Susan said...

Two gorgeous cards - love it both trimmed square and circular! Great rustic country look with those colours and the planks embossing folder.

Trina P. said...

Both versions are beautiful, Bonnie! The wreath in brown is so classy, but with the embossed wood background, it becomes rustic! Very cool! The Nuvo accents is a fab idea!. xx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Christmas Wreath cards, Bonnie. I have that stamp, but have not used it yet this Christmas. I love your CAS designs. TFS and the inspiration. Hugs..Nancy

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, both of these are just beautiful. I don't know how many times I resisted buying that wreath but love how this looks and not sure I can resist much longer. It appears to be embossed with gold and love the splash of read. Both versions are equally gorgeous!

BożenA said...

I love how the inner circle blends in with the ribbon adorning the wreath. The color of the card is so elegant. I also love embossing backgrounds. Beautiful Christmas card.
BożennA xx

Jo said...

The richness of these pieces are so elegant. Gold and deep crimson are the perfect combo. Both are exquisite. The crystal drops add beautiful texture. Both are precious xx

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are beautiful! That stamp is definitely on my wish list now!

MaryH said...

This is a tremendous style to use this PB wreath (one of my favs). It looks beautiful in the rusty colors, and the bow shows off so well with the Nuvo glaze and the wooden sequin. Also love the plank embossing. I know I have the die for this wreath, but gotta check if I have the wreath too! TFS & Hugs

Bobby said...

I love the woodgrain behind the wreath, Bonnie, and the wreath is beautiful. I need to pull my set out.