Monday, September 7, 2026

Leaf Ring New Home

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

Whew, it's been a busy weekend but I managed to get a card done.


When I saw Narelle's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, I immediately thought of this
die in my NBUS box.  I do love a wreath and keep one on my front door.  I guess it's 
time to change it up for fall.  But today, it's a wreath to wish blessings on a new home.

The embossed background was done with a long retired Stampin' Up embossing folder.
The wreath was cut from Neenah Solar White and colored with a couple of Copics.

I cut the bow from a scrap of Calypso Coral and added a bit of ink in the center.
The camera says it's red, but my eyes say it's coral.

It will be on it's way as soon as I get the new address.

BTW here's Narelle's sketch





Card Recipe
Stamps:  Holiday Homes (ret SU)
Ink:   Calypso Coral
Paper:   Neenah Solar White
Other:  Classic Leaf Ring die (SSS), Copics (G43, G46), Fit to be Tied die (Grtry)


Enjoy!


If you would like to subscribe by email,
please fill out the contact form in the upper right sidebar.
It is also important to add stampingwithklass1@gmail.com to your contact list
so Google recognizes the address and delivers the updates.

To unsubscribe please use the same form on the sidebar adding
unsubscribe to the message.

Thanks to all who have subscribed to my blog by email.
Your sweet and thoughtful comments warm my heart!

20 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Bonnie, I saw a wreath just as soon as I saw your gorgeous card - now why didn't I see that sooner?? I couldn't love it more - beautiful, layered wreath, gorgeous little fancy bow, and another retired EF that is still fresh as a daisy!
=]

Bobby said...

I never think to color leaves with alcohol markers but they look fantastic and very real, Bonnie. No matter the color, the bow adds just the right finishing touch.

JoAnn said...

CAS and lovely. That is a lovely wreath with the pretty bow and looks great on the embossed background. Have a great week my friend.

LeAnne said...

That wreath is GORGEOUS! I never think to cut something from a plain piece of cardstock and color it like this! Maybe I'll have time to play with something like this soon! So very pretty, fresh and clean! Happy Labor Day!

Sandy said...

So simple - so wonderful!
Sandy xx

Susan B said...

Gorgeous wreath! I love the way you've set it off to one side - I always seem to resort to setting things in the centre and never think to offset them.

donna mikasa said...

Such a gorgeous wreath, Bonnie, and so beautifully colored and just perfect for Narelle's sketch! Thanks, always, for taking the time to play with FMS!

Leslie Miller said...

That's such a pretty little wreath, Bonnie. The sketch is a lovely inspiration for placing it on your card, and the bow works perfectly in place of the tags. So clean and nice with the embossed panel for texture. I love the way it turned out!

Marcia Hill said...

I love having a wreath on my front door too Bonnie, and this one on your card would be soooo pretty on any door! Had to chuckle when I saw the embossing folder you used on this card as I just used it the other day on a card I will post in a couple days...great minds definitely think alike!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

This is a beautiful take on the sketch, Bonnie! I love it!

Darnell said...

I love a wreath, too, Bon, and how gorgeous a leafy green wreath can be with a simple bow. (My monitor says it's red, too, but I believe you that it is coral. It's lovely either way.) Another beautiful take on the FMS sketch! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Dolly

Christine said...

Such a beautiful wreath and I love the embossed background xx

Karren said...

Oh this is gorgeous and using the bow tails for the sketch is so clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Loll said...

Beautiful colouring of your pretty wreath and bow, Bonnie. What a lovely new home card for a friend. Love, Loll

kiwimeskreations said...

CAS and totally elegant with it Bonnie - love this
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

Such an excellent take on the sketch, Bonnie.

HilaryJane said...

What a lovely wreath. love the shades of green and the soft embossed background xx

TK said...

Nice! Not only is this wonderful, but you have prompted me to get a New Home card done -- I do love the wreath idea too

Maria said...

Beautiful CAS card, so pretty!!

Pat said...

This beautifully coloured leafy wreath looks wonderful over the pretty embossed background and the coral coloured fancy bow finishes it perfectly Bonnie..this works well as a 'new home' card. x