Friday, August 5, 2011

More Creative Elements

I am struggling to find time to stamp.  It seems like everything is done in spurts and starts!  It took 2 days to create this simple card and another 2 to get it ready to post! 


The layout is from a lovely sketch by Nance at Paper Players.

The colors are from the SCS color challenge this week to use White, Gray & Turquoise.


I had trouble deciding whether to do the butterfly on gray or turquoise so I tried both.  As you can see, the gray won out this time.  White embossing on the turquoise is really pretty though.

Oops! I just realized that I was supposed to use Going Gray instead of Basic Gray.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Creative Elements
Ink:  Whisper White, Basic Gray
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Gray, Tempting Turquoise
Other:  White EP, Scallop Trim Corner & Worde Window punches, Basic Gray Satin Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.  I hope that I can get back to daily blogging but it doesn't seem to be happening.  Thanks for sticking with me.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Pretty card Bonnie, I love the embossed butterfly as well.
Hugs,
Lesley

Lauri said...

Bonnie, this is lovely!! Even if it takes spurts to finish, glad you are able to post your cards! This is very pretty! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty---I keep seeing wonderful things made with this stamp set! I will have to put it on my wish list for sure! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week with your creation!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! I love the butterfly and the bling. Great color choices! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Ooooh! Very pretty, Bonnie! I love the colours and your embossed butterfly is stunning. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Bonnie, this is lovely! A gorgeous use of these colors--love how you've colored in the bits of the vines. The corner details on the bottom is such a great take on the sketch! So glad you were able to play along with us this week! :-)

Tui Nathan said...

A very pretty card Bonnie, love the floral flourish and a great colour choice!!!
Thank you for joining in the fun with us at the Paper Players!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, don't worry. We'll be here when you pop in to blog, when you have time. I don't seem to have enough time right now either, and it bugs me. Just have fun - that is the point! (I keep telling myself that too) Pretty butterfly card today. Gray is good!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Bonnie! I love the punched corners along with the flourish image. The color just jumps off the card, too! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love that colour combo and the card is really beautiful and worth all the hassle you had.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, it is so very pretty and I love it on gray. Sounds as if things are still taking your time with the move...and maybe the baby. :-)

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely love this set and you are show-casing it beautifully here! It must be frustrating not to be able to blog daily but I'm sure you'll get more time eventually.