Monday, June 10, 2013

Merry Monday Ornament Keepsakes

It's Merry Monday time again!  This week I'm going for the gold.



Here's this week's sketch.  It amazes me that Lesley can come up with a different sketch each week! She is amazing!


I've got to admit that this sketch really challenged me.  First I saw 3 trees.  Do you see them when you turn the sketch over?

I couldn't make that work. But by adding some trees I was able to make a great Father's Day card for DH.

I hadn't used my Ornament Keepsake set in quite a while.  (Even though they're not in the new catalog, the stamps and the dies are still available.)  So I pulled out my gold embossing powder and went to work.

When I saw the fantastic cards the rest of the design team did, I wondered why I didn't just pull out some DSP?  Oh, well, you know me.  DSP is to hoard and not to use.  Oh, it's not? 

Pixie's Crafty Workshop is looking for cards made with snippets and I was able to use quite a few snippets on this so I'm going to skip over to the playground.  Have I ever mentioned that Di has some lovely prizes each week?  Well she does and I am the happy (oh so happy) winner if Ryn's Water Droplet stamp that I mentioned 3 or 4 times last week.  I am so excited, Di and can't wait to stamp with them.

CAS-ual Fridays is asking for

  CFC104

Crafty Hazelnut's Challenge #128 is looking for Diecuts or Punched Shapes

Christmas Cards All Year Round is looking for Vintage Cards this month.  

Festive Friday Challenge #10 is looking for a vintage theme too.  These look like vintage ornaments to me.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Encore Gold
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold
Other:  Gold EP, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Square Lattice EF, Gold Cord

We're almost half way through the year.  Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?  Now's a good time to start and I hope you'll join us at Merry Monday.  And be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's cards.  They're awesome!


I hope I haven't kept you too long.  I appreciate your visit and especially your comments.  

Enjoy!


28 comments:

Brenda said...

This is breathtaking! Love the vintage feel.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Stunning card! I love the embossing along with all that gold.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! I love how in stead of cutting out the flags, you used the stamp image to interpret the flags on the sketch. Very smart and creative, I must say!

~Shawnie B.
Shawnie@CardsByShawnie.com
www.CardsByShawnie.com

Benzi said...

Wow! You went for the gold and it turned out fabulous. I love those gold embossed ornaments. And, the sentiment piece is so pretty. You always have a clean, gorgeous Christmas creation.

jimlynn said...

So gold and so elegant!!! LOVELY card for Christmas!
Lynn

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, I love your card and your take on the sketch!

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Love the colors and the textures!!

On a side note, I'm glad to see you've survived all the storms we've had lately. We've got another round coming through today--doesn't sound like fun. :-( Good thing we don't need electricity to play with paper!! =D Oh, and congrats on your win!!

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you didn't use trees, Bonnie, because then my first idea to use trees was left for me! Thank you! You didn't even know you did that for me, did you?!

Your use of the ornaments instead of patterned paper or trees is, of course, duh, why-didn't-I-think-of-THAT inspired!! I will be using the sketch, only with ornaments, on other cards for Christmas. Thank you again!! xxoo Darnell

MaryH said...

Gorgeous! Think I have these stamps & dies. Will have to try this sketch, I like it much. Love the mileage you're getting from the mesh EF too. Reminds me to use it, when I see what beautiful things you are making with it. Loved this one! TFS. (oh yes, good tip on the flip-flop of the sketch. Must print this one out, to improve my sketch useage learning curve :-)

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Love all your gold!! And the way you've shaped the banner is awesome. Loll xx

Cathy said...

Love this card Bonnie, beautiful embossing and very clever take on those challenges :) Cathy x

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, patterned paper is most definitely for hoarding. In case there is a paper emergency, of course.

I think these ornaments certainly look vintage! I love how you used the sketch, this is really beautiful!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful, Bonnie. I saw trees too and I think I made it work ok. :)

Susan said...

I love cream and gold Christmas cards - they are so elegant. Yours is wonderful! I had to laugh at your comment about dp - I have far too much of it and rarely use it, but just can't let it go!!!

Di said...

FABULOUS Bonnie! Love the gold embossing - I've got that same set and the dies and if I can brave the heat gun will be trying this - you really made a stunner here!

Your stamp is on the way honey - posted today, Airmail :)

Hugs, Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the card and the ornaments. Really like the gold effect too.

Patti said...

You can hoard all you want - I love your take on the sketch. Such an elegant card.

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous, vintage and I promise that I didn't see this before I made mine (it will be on the blog on Friday). Great minds think alike! Thanks for playing with Festive Friday!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful creation, Bonnie. I see what you mean about looking like trees in the sketch! Looking at MY card in the gallery, I can't tell you what it looks like....I feel like I should REMOVE it right now!!!!

scrappymo! said...

Gorgeous...these stamps were such a great choice for this card. They sort of have a vintage look.
BY the way, every time I see that EF I just love it...it never fails to disappoint!

Laura said...

Beautiful GOLD card, Bonnie!! You did an awesome JOB on this Layout!! Such a pretty card!! TFS

Lindsay said...

Lovely card Bonnie! So elegant! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Geri said...

Beautiful vintage feel here, Bonnie! I love those gold ornaments with the cream! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday with this beauty!!!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful Bonnie and so elegant, I love the background texture and the stunning gold ornaments.

Marybeth said...

This is just perfect for the challenge ! Love the banner and gold hanging ornaments. I like the embossed background too!

Deb said...

Your gold embossing is simply gorgeous! And you did a fantastic job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sarn said...

Elegant and gorgeous Christmas card Bonnie. Congrats.

xxx

Cindy Groh said...

Hi Bonnie. Love the gold and white only together. It is so stunning. The gold string, for lack of a better word, to make the ornaments look like they are hanging is the perfect way to finish off the stamped images. Fabulous vintage Christmas.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas cards all Year Round. Come back next month to play again.