Monday, May 25, 2015

Virginia's Santa Claus for Merry Monday

It's Merry Monday time again.

Edited to add to Rudolph Days.
Thanks for the reminder, Maureen.


This week it's my friend Karren's turn to choose.


I was a little unsure about what to do for this challenge.

I don't have any newsprint stamps or paper.

Didn't even have a newspaper.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus popped into my head.

So I found it on the good ole Internet and printed it out.

The lovely Santa was in my UFO box.  The stamp belongs to a friend.

I colored him up with Copics and added a little distressing
 so he'd match the aged newspaper.

I die cut a bit of holly, sponged the teeny, tiny edges and popped it over
the stamped holly on his hat.

A bit of icy sparkle finished off his hat and beard.

Whew!

Another challenge conquered!

(I think my eyesight is failing.
All looked good until I saw the photo.
I had forgotten to color one side of Santa's nose.
It looked like he had a big zit!
I think I got the right marker to fix him up.
He's a little red faced from all that exertion.)

Since I used some snippets, I'm off to visit at
I've been missing the visits with the playmates there.

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!
**********
Card Recipe
Stamps: (????)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Grey, Antique Linen (Distress)
Paper:  Naturals Ivory (retired), Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Other: Copic Markers, Holly Vine Die (MB), Circle Collection Die, Stitched Circle Die (Lil' Inker), 1/16" Circle Punch, Dazzling Details

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



26 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You did make me laugh about Santa's zit LOL. This is a lovely card, love the newsprint.

jimlynn said...

He's a jolly good Santa! Even if he did have a zit he'd still be my favorite! Cute and fun card and I love that Santa stamp!
Lynn

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh his nose, Bonnie LOL!!! Gorgeous card as always!

Deanne :)

Kathi K said...

Love that you found just the PERFECT newsprint - its all about the details! Great card!

scrappymo! said...

Looks wonderful Bonnie. I think you aced the brief!
Why not enter this beauty in my Rudolph Days Challenge? You have a Xmas card and the right time frame already!

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is fabulous - love the way you have used the newsprint and your santa is fabulous! I have on old dictionary bought at a boot sale for my newsprint source :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Andrea MacTrinh said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my card :) Love how your newsprint goes with your image and sentiment - brilliant. Hugs Ax

Karren said...

I'm so glad you found a workaround and what a brilliant idea to use Yes, Virginia. Fabulous card!

Di said...

Got me giggling about the zit here Bonnie! A super card - must admit I'm stumped this time round for MM!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

You clever girl you Bonnie! That was a fabulous idea!! I love this Santa, he is so cute and you have colored him up well. Nose and all! lol You extra touches have made this an amazing card and I'm in love with it. Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Brilliant idea to achieve the newsprint challenge! Love the addition of the word "believe" on the right. Great layout!

Joan said...

Great card, love Santa, zit and all! The newsprint is a fab addition

Sarn said...

Love this very jolly Santa card. xxx

Bobby said...

Printing out the Virginia letter to go with your wonderful Santa image was genius, Bonnie.

Wanda said...

Great card Bonnie! I love that Santa. How brilliant to print out the Virginia piece for the newspaper! Thanks for linking the Rudolph's Days, I just popped over there for a peek and had to play along that challenge as well as Merry Monday.

Kathleen said...

This is a fabulous Father Christmas stamp and love the card.

Thanks for joining in this months Rudolph Day challenge.
Kath x

JoAnn said...

Great card Bonnie. Isn't the internet great when you can find what you need? Love the background and your coloring.

Marybeth said...

wonderful card Bonnie ! I will have to look through my stash of patterned paper , I love that you printed your own. I am so behind in Christmas cards this year. Love your card!

Darnell said...

This is so outstanding, Bonnie! You were very clever to go and look for something like this online! Hallmark will be stealing this design!! Hugs, Darnell

Kristie Goulet said...

Very creative card, Bonnie! Love the Santa. The "zit" cracked me up. Hope you have a great week.

Deepti said...

The Santa looks adorable and I love the vintage feel to the card :)

Unknown said...

I love your Santa with the sparkle and shine and details !He is great !

Katie Melhus said...

So cute! Love Santa, Mrs. Claus needs to keep a better eye on him so he doesn't leave the house without being completely colored! Have a great week!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Santa is simply amazing, Bonnie!! The coloring and sparkle is a definite WOW! Hope you have a great weekend!

Greta said...

Very creative--came out great, Bonnie! I got a section of newspaper from my neighbor long ago since we don't get one & was sure glad I had stashed it.

Susan Joyce said...

Love the Santa image Bonnie, lovely CAS design.