Monday, January 23, 2017

Another Snowflake Card

I think this is my last snowflake card for this winter.

My friend, Nance, came to visit around Christmas time and we had such a lovely time chatting.

She brought me a delicious chocolate pie and some die cuts.

My mouth still waters thinking about that pie!
As you can imagine we made quick work of that!

This snowflake background was from one of the die cuts.

It's a background die from Lil' Inker.  I cut it down to keep my card CAS
and put it on a piece of watercolor I had in my stash.
(The watercolor piece wasn't what I'd hoped so it was perfect to put something big
over it to cover up the lousy creative painting job.

Then I decided I'd add some Wink of Stella to the largest snowflake.

It didn't go well!

It kind of looked like someone had spit on the snowflake.

Maybe I need a new WOS?

There was another die cut in the package and this was cut from vellum.

So I surgically removed the big vellum snowflake and stuck it over the offender.



Since I used re-inkers as my color medium when I watercolored that background, 
and the color started as a liquid, no additional water necessary,
I'll take it to the gallery at

My mixed media are stamping, re-inkers as my liquid colour and die cuts as my choice.

and

CAS Watercolour


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Whisper White (SU)
Paper:  Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Shimmer (SU),
Other:  SU Re-inkers (Soft Sky, Marina Mist), Cover Up Snowflake Die (LI), Pin Point Mainstreet Tags Die (PS), Twine (Michaels), Basic Rhinestone (SU)


22 comments:

Loll said...

That background looks awesome with the large snowflakes die-cuts over top. Wink of Stella sometimes comes out in blobs for me, maybe because the pen is almost empty. So I know what you mean about it spitting. :) Great job with your surgical implant of the vellum snowflake. :) You have lots of skills, my friend! Gorgeous card! xx

JosieD said...

I have enjoyed your snowflake cards a lot! Extends use of them past Christmas -- can be quick and easy to make -- and solves problem of what card to send for Jan., Feb. birthdays, etc. Plus, as always, you find those magic little touches that make them very special.

jimlynn said...

Blue's my favorite color so I have to love it. I'd love it anyway though since it's beautiful!
Lynn

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Always love hearing about your "make it work" moments, Bonnie! Another lovely snowflake card!!

Liz said...

Great snowflake card, Bonnie. Had to smile reading your post! xx

Lisa Lara said...

Oh your background with the blues and swirls works perfect for this beautiful winter card Bonnie.

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad you shared all the 'incidents' in the creation - the result is lovely Bonnie
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

This really is a very beautiful card Bonnie and I like the addition of the twine bow very much. Barbxx

JoAnn said...

This is so pretty and your background looks great. I think you did a great job with it. Love the colors, the vellum snowflake and that cute tag. TFS

Sandy said...

Such a beautiful card Bonnie and now you have me really wanting a chocolate pie!!
sandy xx

nancy littrell said...

Such a pretty snowflake card and wonderful way to use your not so favorite background...it is perfect for your snowflakes. TFS your chilly beauty Bonnie. Hugs.

Brenda said...

Your snowflake card is just beautiful Bonnie! I think your background looks great and I am really loving the snowflake background die as well. Nice save with your snowflake! Hard to say if you need a new one or not. I've refilled mine with water twice now and it still works well. I do shake it each time I use it though. Maybe shake it and try on a scrape piece of paper. If it is still the same effect, then maybe clean the brush?? I don't know but thought maybe it could have a little clog and that was making the effect? If not, might need a new one. lol Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

too funny Nancy, we all have our crafting mishaps and not quite what we intended issues. Love you watercolour background and and your wonderful gift of snowflakes

Mac Mable said...

Had fun reading your post. The large snowflakes look fabulous and love the cute tag in the centre x Sounds like you had fun with your friend and lots to eat x

Susan said...

You might not have liked your piece of watercolour background, but it sure worked perfectly on this card! Great use of the snowflakes your friend brought you (along with the chocolate pie - my mouth is watering!).

Anonymous said...

Love that "peace" sentiment!

Nstiz said...

Fabulous card and fantastic color, Bonnie! Love the larger snowflakes over your background too! What a gorgeous design!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie. I love the gorgeous blue background and the lovely layers of die cuts. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Bobby said...

I had to laugh at the lousy watercoloring and the spit covered snowflake, Bonnie. We should all recover from those things and still make cards as beautiful as you do.

TK said...

I think your background is beautiful, it accents the vellum perfect!

Greta said...

The mix of blues looks beautiful behind the snowflakes, Bonnie & I love the twine! Somehow lately I don't seem to be able to use ribbon or twine on my cards--it seems in the way, but yours is the perfect embellishment!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Chocolate pie and crafting... you can't get better than that! I love the icey blue look of this card - Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards this week. Jenny x