Monday, February 13, 2017

Light Touch with Stains


I love my red geraniums in the summertime. 
So when Penny Black came out with this stamp, it went on my list.
This is it's first outing, a NBUS, and I had a fun time with it.

I inked it up with Distress Stains and stamped on watercolor paper.
It was pretty wet so I let it dry then added some more stain 
in a few spots and stamped again.
By using my MISTI, it was easy to get more than one stamping.

I used Distress Markers for the butterfly and sentiment.

The frame was a leftover from cutting the next to largest 
Stitched Mat Rectangle die from Lil' Inkers.


I'm going to link up with
Penny Black and More                                       Penny Black Saturday Challenge
                USE YOUR FAVOURITE STAMP                           TRY SOMETHING NEW                     
                       This is my new favorite.                                                   A new stamp. 
    



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Light Touch (PB), Friendship Messages (SSS)
Ink:   Distress Stains (Festive Berries, Barn Door, Mowed Lawn), Distress Markers (Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot, Pine Needles)
Paper:   Watercolor Paper (TH), Solar White (Neena 110 lb.)
Other:  


20 comments:

Connie said...

I'm enjoying your blog now that I've found it. I'm a very new scrapper and am just beginning to play around with my stamps, etc. It's fun!

Lisa Lara said...

oh I just love how this turned out Bonnie. You made a painting with stamps.

kiwimeskreations said...

Bonnie this is such a stunner - love the strong colours and the way you have managed to use two colours on the leaves.
Blessings
Maxine

Loll said...

The stains have worked wonderfully with this bright and beautiful card, Bonnie. This is a piece of art and definitely deserves to be framed! xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So bright and beautiful Bonnie my friend! Love those fabulous colours against that crisp, white background! Have a lovely day! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Bobby said...

My SIL used to buy my mother a huge geranium every year and this looks just like them, Bonnie. I've never used the stains but they give such bright concentrated color.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That's pretty vivid for being a light touch. I like this. I like geraniums but I think that have the weirdest dusty smell, so I admire them from further away.

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, you do such a beautiful job with this technique, one I have not succeeded with yet. But you sure did inspire me to try it again. I just love how this looks!

Mac Mable said...

The frame really does frame this beautiful creation. Fun and vibrant colours x

BożenA said...

It's an amazing picture, Bonnie! So beautifully painted by a paint and water! I love the technique of watercolor and enraptured to your work. The intensity of the color moves me in the middle of summer! I love this feeling, almost I feel the warmth of sunlight ... Thank you Bonnie for these wonderful moments :-))
Hugs,
BożenA

Mrs A. said...

I love this abstract look. Colours are so vibrant. Roll on summer. Hugs Mrs A.

Susan said...

I love red geraniums too, Bonnie - I always have a few in pots on my patio (and hope it doesn't rain too much as that turns the flowers mushy). Great use of the Distress markers and the MISTI for the stamping.

brenda said...

Beautiful stamping ad inking Bonnie, you have achieved such bold and inviting colours, many thanks for sharing your favourite stamp (which is one of mine as well) with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Lovely card Bonnie, beautiful bold colours.
Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more Challenge;-))m

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, this is so artsy and beautiful! I love the look you got with your distress stains, you are making me want them, but I know I won't be as good at them as you are. lol Love how this came out and love the bright and vibrant colors. Hugs, Brenda

Christine Alexander said...

love the hint of the flower image, very cool artsy card

Sandy said...

Oh Bonnie - this is so gorgeous - I love the colors - so very artsy!!
sandy xx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Nance said...

Ooo, love that stamp set! Very modern artsy and love the colors you used. Nice and springy.

Helen said...

Wonderful card - love your new stamp!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x