Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Inlaid Flower Dance

Hi.

How are you today?


This die is called "Shall We Dance"
It looks like these flowers are dancing in the wind doesn't it?

The die was cut from some mixed media paper
and watercolored with Distress markers and my Aqua Painter.

Wilted Violet seems to be my favorite color right now.

After watercoloring, I inlaid it back in the negative, stamped a
sentiment, adhered it to some foam and to the card front.

Oh, I added a few splatters, pearls and a butterfly too.

This was a birthday card for my special friend, Loll
and she finally received it.
It started out early and became belated.

Challenges



Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Beautiful Butterflies (PTI)
Ink:   VersaFine Onyx Black, Distress Markers (Wilted Violet, Peeled Paint)
Paper:   Neena, Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Shall We Dance Die (PB), Leavenworth Butterfly Trio (MB)


19 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

How absolutely gorgeous Bonnie - yes the flowers do look as though they are dancing.
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

I bet Loll loves this card! Both simple and striking....that Bonnie and Loll wonderful style!

Marcia Hill said...

CAS perfection Bonnie and I'm sure Loll did love it!! :0)

nancy littrell said...

Your watercoloured inlaid flowers are so pretty, Bonnie. I am sure Loll loved her card :-) I have been using Wilted Violet often too..maybe because it goes so well with Summer colors. TFS your beauty. Hugs...

Loll said...

I do LOVE this card, Bonnie. Thank you so much. The flowers do look like they are dancing ... so pretty! And thank you for this die. I've already cut something from it! :) LOVE it and know that I will use it A LOT! Thanks again for the sweet birthday wishes, my friend. xx

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely gorgeous Bonnie!
Love the touches of purple!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A truly Beautiful card.
Faith
x

Bobby said...

Wilted Violet makes such lovely flowers and those dancing ones look great dress in it, Bonnie

Susan said...

Lovely inlaid flowers, Bonnie! I'm sure Loll loves it. Belated cards just extend the birthday!

Mac Mable said...

Such a delicate and pretty card...bet Loll loved it when it eventually arrived? x

Linda said...

Beautiful card for Loll, Bonnie. Love the violet too.

Nstiz said...

I never think to water color my inlays and it's one of my favorite techniques. Love that day and the beautiful spatter! I was never able to get that fine spatter as you have achieved here. Beautiful card, Bonnie.

JoAnn said...

Those pretty flowers do look like they are dancing in the wind. Love the colors and the splatters.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the delicate purple blooms, Bonnie!!

Christine Alexander said...

absolutely stunning, the watercolour flowers look so pretty inlaid into the white background. CAS perfection :)

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - love those flowers!!
Sandy xx

maria f. said...

"started early and became belated" - could be the story of my life! I love this die. And I'm totally into Wilted Violet lately too. Especiall the DO.

Greta said...

What a beautiful flower die & love the flowers in the wilted violet! So glad you joined us, Bonnie, at PBSC!

BożenA said...

O wow !! What a beautiful use of this die. I love how you added color. These flowers not only dance, they also sing :-)
BożenA xoxo