Saturday, July 1, 2017

Tissue Paper for CAS Mix Up

 Happy July 1st, my friends.

The year is officially half over!

Zip, zip!

I'm excited to be hosting CAS Mix Up this month.

I chose something I'd been wanting to try on cards for a long time.


My mixed media are stamping, tissue paper, sponging, and die cuts


I've had so much fun playing with tissue paper!

I've landed a lot in the trash can too, but I learned what not to do.

For instance, watercoloring images on tissue paper can make holes.

Be very careful if you try that!

For this piece I used a piece of deli paper that my friend and teammate Nancy sent me.
She also sent me this awesome wildflower die.
Thanks, Nancy!

I balled a piece up really tight then stretched it back out,
but not too smooth.

Then I added some ink to the piece by pouncing with a sponge.

I love the texture!

There are videos at the CAS Mix Up website with lots of fun ideas for using tissue paper.

Our amazing Loll has made a tissue paper video
with several wonderful techniques for using tissue paper.

And the Design Team, including a very talented Guest Designer, Sue, have some
wonderful inspiration pieces to share today and through the month.
Be sure to check them out.

Then find some tissue paper (no matter if it's crumpled) and
add it to a card to share with us.

Can't wait to see all the fun techniques.

Be sure to keep it CAS (Clean And Simple).

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Thinking of You (Alt)
Ink:   Midnight Muse (SU)
Paper:   Neena 110 lb., Deli Paper
Other:  Stitched Rectangles Die (SSS), Wildflowers Die (TH)


29 comments:

Barb said...

This is gorgeous Bonnie. I love the strong blue colour. Thank you for the links. Barbxx

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous crumpled tissue paper background, Bonnie. One thing I like about the deli paper is that is does not tear as easily as tissue paper. I have to admit until I watched Loll's new video I had problems with regular tissue tearing. Loll's technique worked great..I tried it right away with my sister and we both got great backgrounds :-)

I love how you added the die cut wildflower and your stitched window. CAS perfection my friend. Hugs..

Betty said...

looks like a really fund challenge - must get my thinking cap on! your card is lovely Loll!

Marianne said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! Will have to check out those videos.

Loll said...

Love the deep blue of the background, Bonnie. So pretty with the fresh white die-cut. I need to get that die!! :) xx

CherylQuilts said...

Bonnie, this is GORGEOUS! I love the rich blue and this beautiful die! Stunning card, and I watched Loll's video and learned a lot. I may yet have to try this one! Hugs!

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie. The blue tissue paper makes a beautiful background, super die cut too. Off to have a look at Loll's video......xx

Mac Mable said...

Striking colour against the white and fun technique x

Colleen said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, Hope I can play before I have a whirlwind summer vacation!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the gorgeous deep blue and the texture of the crumpled deli paper! The white frame enhances the beauty of the blue. Hideko

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the white on blue, Bonnie!! Pretty flowers in the frame!

Julia Aston said...

Ohhhh I LOVE the blue on your tissue paper Bonnie! So deep and rich looking with all the crinkles too! The white die cut and framing really set it off! Julia xx

Christine Alexander said...

Bonnie, i love this amazing blue against the white background. the perfect frame and die cut. awesome card

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Bonnie - love the rich blue you have behind the die cut - it is so dramatic!!
Blessings
Maxine

pam said...

Stunning card Bonnie, love this background with gorgeous colours, must have a go at this technique! beautiful flower silhouette, love this card.
Hugs Pam x

JosieD said...

Wow, Bonnie, what a look! An extra special example of CAS. The rich and intense blue background with the eye catching white image. Combining 2 opposites to get one smashing whole. Plus a new technique. Your designs and techniques never cease to amaze me.

Brenda in IN said...

I love the idea of sponging on the color. Your card is such an inspiration and the wildflower die cut is lovely. I'll be trying this for sure.

Sandy said...

I love that background - and thanks for all the sites to go and visit!
sandy xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful Bonnie, love the background too.
Faith
x

Sandy said...

Loll's video is fantastic! I could not get the CAS MIX UO site to work.

My head is spinning and I need to get to work!!!!!
Sandy xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

fab card Bonnie...excellent results! love the richness of the blue.
xx Karen

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Bonnie...love it! Watched Loll's video and can't wait to try this technique out...fun, fun, FUN!! :0)

Susan said...

So gorgeous - and my favourite colour combination too! Love the richness of the blue and the texture from the scrunching. Perfect background for the wildflower die cut and the stitched frame!

Nstiz said...

Your gorgeous color, rich contrast and beautiful framing make this so special, Bonnie! LOVE this!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! The blue and white combination looks so fresh and clean and your tissue background is lovely.

Pat said...

That vivid blue looks perfect with the pretty white die cut flower snd stitched rectangular frame Bonnie, a gorgeous card. x

Jo said...

I just adore the richness of that blue, the ombrés that you succeeded in getting are simply amazing ...perfectly framed with the stitched edge. I so love that die cut wild flower too :D You chose a great theme. A lovely learning experience which I will repeat, thank you. hugs xxx

Trina P. said...

Stunning card, Bonnie. Love that blue colour..

Bobby said...

I found blue the hardest color to get bright enough on my tissue tries, Bonnie, but yours is so gorgeous. I watched Loll's video and spent a die making backgrounds. Too bad I didn't think to use gloves when I smooshed my tissue into the ink. ;(