Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dove of Peace


I have a few minutes before my class so I'll try to sneak a blog in!


This is another card that I did with the W.I.S.H. or smoosh technique earlier in the week.  I was inspired by a card by Sandi MacIver.   She used a different background technique. (I would like to try that one too.)

The colors of re-inker used for the background were Baja Breeze & Pear Pizzazz with a little Frost White Shimmer paint dropped on there for good measure.

The dove was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with White Embossing Powder & cut out.

I stamped the word with VersaMark and embossed with silver Embossing Powder.  I dragged the edges over the VersaMark pad and also embossed with silver.  (It works best to do this one long & one short side at a time.)

The branch in the bird's mouth is from the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch with 3 of the smallest rhinestones.  I used a piece of last year's silver elastic cord (wish they had brought that back!) knotted 3 times and taped to the back.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Peaceful Season, Wonderful Words (Sorry, it's a retired stamp set)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Scrap of Garden Green
Accessories:  White & Silver Embossing Powder, Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Silver Elastic Cord

Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

This is fantastic, Bonnie!! You are getting some amazing results with that WISH technique :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Very pretty! I like the background. And, thank you so much for the stunning birthday card. :) Loved it as well!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card using that technique Bonnie, it's a beautiful background for the dove x