Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shades of Green


The Just Add Ink Challenge last week was to use River Rock, Wild Wasabi & Chocolate Chip.  I'm getting this in just under the wire.  The River Rock and Wild Wasabi together had me stumped.
After I had put my box of Decorative Paper up on the top shelf of the closet, I had an eureka moment.  I knew that inside that box was some old DSP with River Rock & Wild Wasabi.

I love this piece of Wild W. with the butterflies.  To keep with the butterfly theme, I used the Punch Potpourri and stamped on Whisper White with River Rock and punched it out.  I sponged a bit of Wild Wasabi around the edges, freehanded a butterfly body, and added some Basic Pearls.

I added a piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain and laid a piece of River Rock ribbon over that.  (Both of these ribbons, as well as the paper are retired. Sorry I'm using old stuff, but it needs to be used)

After stamping the sentiment with Chocolate Chip, I added the butterfly with glue dots in the center.

All this was matted on a piece of Chocolate Chip, then mounted on a white card.  Oh, I did round the bottom corners in keeping with the rounded butterfly wings.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Punch Potpourri, Baroque Motifs
Ink:  River Rock, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi DSP
Accessories:  Butterfly & Corner Rounder Punches, Chocolate Chip Chip & River Rock Ribbons, Basic Pearls

Still waiting for my Dad.  I will be so thankful when I see him! 

Just took an apple pie out of the oven and the house smells yummy!

Enjoy,
Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo, I can almost taste that apple pie Bonnie! I love this card, it's so soft and subtle. Love the dp.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Like Sally said, it's so soft and subtle. Perfect all-occasion design.