Monday, November 22, 2010

Sponging the Trimmings


Happy Monday stampin' friends.  I hope you had a wonderful weekend and today was a good start to the holiday week.

This card was done for the CAS challenge over at SCS today to use sponging.


I stamped this lovely ornament with Cherry Cobbler ink, smacked it with VersaMark & clear embossed it.  It's one of my favorite techniques for ornaments because it gives them a sheen like glass ornaments.  I cut it out and adhered it to a 3 3/8" x 4" scrap of Whisper White.

I laid the large oval from the Bigz Ovals die over the ornament and sponged with Pear Pizzazz around the oval, then used the Color Spritzer Tool & the Cherry Cobbler marker to spritz some red speckles.

The design piece was mounted on a piece of Cherry Cobbler cut 1/8" larger and adhered to the embossed piece with dimensionals after wrapping and tying the ribbon.  All this was mounted on a Cherry Cobbler card base.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Tree Trimmings
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, VersaMark, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Color Spritzer Tool, Cherry Cobbler Marker, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Basic Rhinestone

I don't know how much stamping I'll get done this week. My Dad is on his way to spend the week with us. He'll be getting here tomorrow, Lord willing. (He's 89 years young and insists on driving the 800-900 miles.) We're praying hard that he makes it without any "incidents".


He'll be staying in my stamping room so the only stamping I will be doing is what I can get to easily after everything is packed up. Besides, I want to spend as much time with him as possible. We may not have many more opportunities.


Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will come back soon.  I have some cards that haven't been posted that I'll be bringing out this week. 

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv it...have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Emily Keaton said...

So very pretty, Bonnie! I love how your sponging makes this ornament look like there's a spotlight shining on it :)

Doris said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie! My dad is 92 and just drove to Raleigh, NC and back from Long Island (NY) without incident also. Not sure how many "incidents" he left in his wake, but happy that he's still so able at his age. Hope you have a wonderful visit together. Happy Thanksgiving!