Friday, June 3, 2011

Clipper Ship

When I saw this stamp set in the Summer Mini catalog, I immediately thought of my Dad.  When I was a kid, Dad got interested in making model ships.  He made several really big ones.  They must have been 2 ft. long.  All that rigging was amazing and he was so patient in getting everything just right.  They were beautiful!  He taught me a lot about crafts and has always encouraged whatever craft I was OC about.

Here's my clipper ship.  Not as intricate but much quicker.


Susan gave the One Layer Wednesday challenge this week.

OLW Rules

1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of cardstock folded in half. No other layers allowed.

2. Make a Father's Day card (for a father or special father-figure in your life). Remember to keep embellishments to a minimum.

3. Upload your card somewhere online and link back to it using the InLinkz button on the sidebar of Simplicity.

4. The most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!!!!

My Dad is going to get several Father's Day cards this year.  He'll have a Father's week instead of Father's Day!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  The Open Sea
Ink:  SU Markers (Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy)
Paper:  Naturals Ivory
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Corner Rounder Punch

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!

Bonnie







15 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is BEAUTIFUL! A fabulous CAS layout and great coloring, Bonnie. Love it!!

Jennie M said...

This is gorgeous! What a wonderful CAS card!

Sue said...

wonderful maasculine card Bonnie so very clean and simple beautifull thanks for poping over to my blog hope to see you again Luv Sue x

Susie said...

Beautiful card. The image is wonderful.

Rosemary said...

beautiful father's day card!!

Trinh said...

The image is beautiful and you have showcased it perfectly! Love how you colored it.

Shirley said...

Lovely, Bonnie. Out for a sail on the calm ocean!! Perfect Father's Day card!

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful. I love the cleanness of this card! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #19 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful. Love it!

Jenny said...

Fabulous card Bonnie, just perfect for a Father's day card. Love all that white space too :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautifully CAS and the rounded corners are the perfect detail.

G Peplow said...

Hello there, This is beautiful, love sailing Ships and yours is soo sleek and stylish, great card:0) xxx

Susan said...

Bonnie, this is fabulous!! I love that stamp! Great coloring too!

Benzi said...

I am so loving this Open Sea image. I've seen a few today and fell in love with each card. Great job, Bonnie. Your Dad is sure to love every card you give him.

Lisa A. said...

What a beautiful card, Bonnie!! Your ship is glorious and your coloring...wonderful...lovely and handsome card:)!!!