Monday, June 27, 2011

Fabulous One Layer

This week's One Layer Wednesday challenge, hosted by Susan, was to make a one layer card using this beautiful inspiration photo from Pinterest...


The first thing I noticed was the flower in the right front jar.  I believe it may be a Lenten Rose, but I could be all wrong.  You know me, I sometimes get my flowers mixed up, but I'll give it a name anyway!


That Lenten Rose (or whatever) reminded me of the large flower in my new Fabulous Florets set.

I stamped the large outline flower in River Rock and used a blender pen and ink in the top of the inkpad to give it just a hint of color.  I used the River Rock marker over the center to give it a bit more definition.

Then I masked the flower and stamped the 2 solid flowers in Daffodil Delight to form a triangle. 

I punched a border across the bottom front and dotted between the scallops with the marker, scored a few lines and tied some narrow taffeta ribbon as finishing touches.

What a fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  I hope you come again soon.

Enjoy!


8 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the inspiration photo. I love your images, the scored lines, and the ribbon. Beautiful!

Shirley said...

How very bright, cheerful, and elegant at the same time!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I LOVE this card. You do CAS so well. That Daffodil Delight is working so well for you on these beautiful creations.

Vicky Hayes said...

I've heard these flowers called Lenten Roses before. We call them Christmas roses but hellebore is the proper name I think. Whatever they're called, your card is stunning!

Lisa A. said...

This is soooo pretty, Bonnie!! Love how you made two different flowers and made them yellow AND white, like the inspiration...the scoring, the border and the ribbon...wow...just lovely:)!!

Janelle said...

Stamping the Lenten Rose (or whatever) flower in River Rock was perfectly brilliant -- it really gave the flower a softeness that couldn't have been achieved with the typical black. The score lines helped to frame the focal flowers and the little dots on the punched border are a really nice additional touch!

Jenny said...

Beautiful flowers Bonnie and I love the ornate edge to your card :)
Jenny x

Susan said...

Love your choice of stamps...they made a beautiful card together!