Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thoughts and Prayers All Around

The Queen for the Day, at SCS, last Friday was Mary aka jandjcc.  I want to CASE many of the cards from her amazing gallery!  Here is the card that I chose to CASE this time.  And here's my version....


I really loved the way she swirled the flower spray.  I went with a brighter palate, mainly because these were the colors in the Color Throwdown last week.  I'm too late, as usual, but I'm glad I tried these colors.

The branch and flowers were inked with SU Markers, Certainly Celery and Pumpkin Pie.  After I stamped once on the card, I stamped again without reinking on an envelope.  Then I went back with my Melon Mambo marker and colored the centers of the flowers and finished them off with a dot from the White Gel Pen in the very center.

I'll send this over to Paper Players for their Kind Thanks Challenge.

And the TLC challenge, at SCS, is to Decorate the Envie.

I'm going to have to stop.  Mr. Brown just delivered my new IDEA BOOK & CATALOG and I keep having to stop and look.  I think I'll stop this and just concentrate on that!  I wish I could show it to you today :>(, but I can tell you that most of my favorites from the mini catalogs made it into the big one!  Yeah!!  And there's five new In Colors too and well as the wonderful In Colors from last year.  Hopefully I can get my head out of the book long enough to make another card to share with you tomorrow!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Oh, and I was a top pick at jac-inks last week.  That gave me a big smile!

Enjoy!

16 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Congrats on your win at Jac-Inks, Bonnie!! This card is so pretty. I love your design for it--I'll have to keep that one in mind. I like using the scallop trim corner punch like that, too. But I keep forgetting about it!! So thanks for the reminder. :)

Susie said...

This is so fresh and beautiful. I really love it. How about some spoilers from the new catty? :0)

None None said...

What a beautiful card - I love the punched corners and the stamps that you used. The card looks so fresh and happy!

Lesley said...

This is beautiful Bonnie! I love the punched corners and the fresh colours! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

LeAnne said...

Bonnie, I always look forward to seeing what you create! This is just lovely--the colors are so fresh! I just never have the patience to color in all those flowers individually, but what a beautiful effect it makes! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players Kind Thanks challenge this week!

Marisa said...

An absolutely FABULOUS was to use that gorgeous image! LOVE it!! Think I feel a case coming on!

Sandra said...

Simplt beautiful Bonnie! I love how you have punched the corners and those tiny butterflies are the pefect finishing touch. Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Irene said...

A beautiful card with stunning colours. I love the punched corners and butterflies.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.

irene
xxxx

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card bonnie-I love your version -this is a great idea for this stamp set-it gives it new life

Vicky Hayes said...

You've used one of my favourite sets for this card and I love the frame effect you created with it - must CASE this one! And I have to say I'd like to have a little look through that catty too...

Benzi said...

Wow! This is beautiful, Bonnie! Love your corners and really I love it all!

Shirley said...

Wow! That is beautiful! I love the corners, the colors and all of it!

Nance Leedy said...

This is one of the prettiest cards I have seen with this set! Love how you've swirled the branches around to frame the sentiment. And the punched corners are just the right touch! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Lauri said...

This is beautiful! I especially love the colors you chose! Have fun looking through the new catalog! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

Sarn said...

Exquisite!

Hugs, Sandra

Cindy Beach said...

Bonnie, this one is so stunning! I love the beautiful way you've used the image curves to form a circle. Great colors too! So great to see you at The Paper Players, thanks for playing!