Friday, March 2, 2012

Golden Bells

Another Christmas card thanks to the Merry Monday Challenge.


This week Torico gave us this sketch.


Torico does the most adorable digital stamps.  She is celebrating her birthday and, until March 3rd is offering her digital stamps for $1.00 each.  If you visit her blog, Birdie Brown you can find the link to her Etsy store.  Before you leave her blog, scroll down to see her freebies and the beautiful samples made from her stamps.

I didn't use one of her stamps this week.  I'm just starting on the digital stamps and need some more practice. I have found out that I can print and heat set the images so I can color them with the SU Markers and a blender pen without smudging.  They would be great for watercoloring too if I could put the watercolor paper through the printer.  My printer is challenged with card stock. (I appreciate your suggestions and hope to find a new printer soon.)

For this card I used the Bells and Boughs set and stamped the image with Jet Black StazOn on Shimmery White then colored with markers.  I colored the bow with a gold glitter pen that I've had for years.  I can't believe it hasn't dried out yet.  Here's a closer view.  Maybe you can see the sparkle.


The hammered gold paper is some I've been hoarding for ages.  It's too pretty to use and too pretty not to use.  Do you understand that thinking?

I added some gold flat back beads that have also been in my stash for a while.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bells and Boughs, Many Merry Messages
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, Encore Gold, SU Markers (More Mustard, Garden Green, Old Olive, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler)
Paper:  Whisper White, Shimmery White, Gold
Other:  2 3/8" Scallop Circle, 2 1/2" Circle, 1/8" Circle, and Scallop Trim Border Punches, Gold EP, Organdy Ribbon, Gold Glitter Pen, Gold Flat Back Beads


This is one of those cards that didn't end up at all like it started.  Over the course of 2 or 3 days, it evolved.

I'm glad you could stop in.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Enjoy!


10 comments:

Cynthia said...

That gold paper is fantastic!! Makes for a gorgeous card!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Thanks for coming by my blog! Your card for the Merry Monday sketch is absolutely gorgeous! I do like the sparkle and the fact that it "evolved" into something so lovely!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a pretty christmas card Bonnie-love the image and your coloring. I will have to check out that challenge.
THe only suggestion I have for cardstock in a printer is to check your settings and see if there is one for cardstock. I also remove all the copy paper that is in the printer and just put the cardstock in by iteslf

Kim S said...

You have said it so well...I always hoard my pretty things but I should be using them because they are pretty! I'm glad you brought out your gold paper for this card - the card is so rich and beautiful!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the bells and your coloring is fantastic. That gold paper is wonderful too. So very pretty!
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

You must have quite a stash of Christmas cards ready for the end of the year Bonnie! this one is lovely. I never have a problem using any of my stash straight away - I know there's always going to be something else I adore around the corner! I don't know how helpful this is, but I water colour on all my SU card stock - water colour paper is best but not essential!

Lesley said...

Such a pretty card Bonnie, the gold paper is lovely and I am so happy you used it!! Love the bells and your colouring is perfect!!! A wonderful Christmas creation!
Hugs,
Lesley

Colleen Dietrich said...

My printer is rather challenged with cardstock too, so I don't have any suggestions for you on a new one, Bonnie. Good luck with that!

I like that gold hammered paper, and I totally get what you mean about using it/not using it. ;) Love the little clanger you placed inside the bell.

Benzi said...

Bonnie, Christmas bells are one of my favorite things..just love them. Great job on these beautiful creations. I do understand your thinking on using or not using that paper. LOL

Benzi said...

Oops, did I say cards? CARD! Ha