Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dynamic Duos Meets the Queen

Queen for the Day at SCS last week was Arizona Maine (Angela).  I've been drooling over Angela's creations since she came on the scene at SCS.   You might want to check out her gallery.  This is the card that I CASEd.  And here's what I came up with.


I used the bold and sassy colors from the Dynamic Duos challenge this week.


The circle background image was stamped with Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I used a combination of Watercolor Crayons and markers to color the images.

Part of the flower spray, from Thoughts and Prayers, was inked with markers and stamped so the circle design would look like a continuation.

I ended up with a smudge on one side of the design piece so I cut it off and just happened to have this Old Olive card with some of the front cut off.  They were a good match so I adhered the design piece so that a bit of the back of the card shows. I think it needs something else and I'm not sure what.  Maybe some scoring on the green card front.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Serene Silhouettes, Thoughts and Prayers, Kindness Matters (sentiment)
Ink:  Whisper White, Old Olive, SU Markers (Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive)
Paper:  Old Olive, Whisper White
Other:  White EP, Old Olive Ribbon (retired)

It didn't turn out as I imagined, but I'll go with it.  It's quite different from my usual layouts and it's fun to break away and try something different.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!





11 comments:

Kim S said...

Nice recovery from the smudge and it works perfectly!!! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

jimlynn said...

Love the spotlight Bonnie! Great image for it too. Pretty design and a wonderful card.
Lynn

Emily Keaton said...

This is quite a beauty, Bonnie! I love your spotlight, and those little flowers look so dainty. You colored them perfectly! The effect is lovely. :)

Victoria said...

I'm amazed at how serene you've made these 'bold and sassy' colours look. I love the Old Olive circle frame and the funky knot.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I love how you have 'spotlighted' a section with the punched circles. This is a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Benzi said...

It's always nice to try a new layout. This is just gorgeous and I love that retired ribbon. Good job on Queen Angela's card.

Cynthia said...

Love it! The colors are so fresh and I love the layout!

Vicky Hayes said...

A lovely example of a spotlight card Bonnie! I've only just discovered Watercolour Wonder crayons and I love them!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie - I like the way you have knotted the ribbon. Elizabeth

Melissa said...

So pretty, Bonnie! I love those delicate flowers and how you've spotlighted the little butterfly! What a great design! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful way to feature the spotlight technique, Bonnie! I also really love the simple knotted ribbon treatment. Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)