Monday, August 20, 2012

Merry Monday Sending Peace

It's Merry Monday time again.


Here's the fantastic sketch Lesley gave us to work with this week.


I flipped the sketch again.  Seems like my life is topsy turvy lately!

I used a piece of the decorative paper from my Festival of Prints Designer Paper Pack for the background.  Then I added the two strips of Whisper White that had been embossed with the Delicate Designs Embossing Folder.  I love that it looks like snowflakes!

The medallion was cut with the Delicate Doilies Sizzlit.  I used the backside of foil that my tea bags are packaged in.  It's gold on one side with the brand name, but on the back it's this shiny silver.  I decided not to try to poke the little holes out and left it intact.  The sentiment is from an old, retired set called To You and Yours and punched with a 1" circle punch.  I inked around the edges of the circle to give it a bit of definition.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  To You and Yours
Ink:  Island Indigo
Paper:  Whisper White, Festival of Prints DSP, Repurposed foil
Other:  Big Shot, Delicate Designs EF, Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, Silver Cord (non SU), Basic Rhinestone

I hope you'll go over to Merry Monday and join us this week.  And don't forget to take a peek at the other Design Team cards.  I can't wait for you to see them. They're fantastic! 


 And a special welcome to 
 and
our Guest Designers this week.

A quick question.  Do you like my card pictures large or extra large?  It's large this time, extra large last time.

I'm so glad you stopped by!  I hope you let me know that  you've visited so I can return the visit.

Enjoy!

15 comments:

Benzi said...

So pretty, Bonnie. The embossed paper is so pretty and I love how you made the medallion.

Either way is good...larger shows more of the details. I always use the original size which makes it fairly large.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie!! Love the papers and those pretty embossed panels! Your silver die cut is so pretty (love that you reused something!)and the sentiment is perfect! Oh, and I love the colors!! :)

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, this is so pretty and I love how that Island Indigo makes it pop!
Lynn

Notes by Nina said...

Very pretty card Bonnie, this sketch looks wonderful flipped. I love all that texture.

Victoria said...

Simple, stylish, peaceful. I hope life is topsy turvy in a good way! As to the size of photos - I think I would go for large over extra large, purely because extra large doesn't fit in one screen. I have to scroll down to see the bottom of the card. If I want a closer look at something of a large photo, I can always zoom in. Just my humble opinion.

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty...I love the embossing and you are so GREEN, recyling the foil to make your pretty emblem!
Personally, I like the pictures extra-large....I just find it easier to see them when they are "close-up"!

Darnell said...

A really yummy one, Bonnie! I love how you did the ribbon x-x'd on the panel!

I'm okay either way on the cards, but I guess I like the extra-large better - no need to click to see it. I can get the whole thing and the blog text without scrolling around.

I don't know how SU sets up your blogs for you (if they do), but with non-SU blogs through Google Blogger, you have to use medium or you run out of "free" space in no time. As I found out. Sucks, but what can you do? I'm glad you don't have that restriction!

Di said...

Lovely card Bonnie. So fresh and clean.

I'm with Victoria on the card size, it's much nicer to see the whole card rather than have to scroll so large does it for me, not extra large.

As Victoria says, to see a card closer I just click on the photo to enlarge it. And if I'm even nosier, the F11 key means I can fill the whole screen :)

But, at the end of the day it's your blog so you play as you want.

Di
xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Bonnie. So stylish. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like how you flipped the sketch, Bonnie. :) And as for pictures, I always say the larger the better, so we can see details better. I even read that on a blog (non crafting) that gave tips for a successful blog. They said the pics should always be as large as you can make them.

Karen Aicken said...

Well aren't you completely clever and creative! I love your shiny doily - what a great way to recycle. Also like that you rotated this fun sketch.
Cheers, Karen

Susan said...

This is beautiful, Bonnie - love the fresh wintery colours and the silver twine.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is so pretty and I love that you've flipped your card on it's side Bonnie!

Lesley said...

Another wonderful Christmas creation Bonnie, I love that you flipped the sketch, looks great this way!
Hugs,
Lesley

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a great effect the doily has without the holes punched out. I'll have to try this! Great card!