Tuesday, April 23, 2013

For Queen Joyce Ann

The Queen at SCS this week is Joyce Ann, aka AnniePanda.  In addition to sharing her beautiful cards, she is very generous with her comments and is always so encouraging.  I really enjoyed her gallery and finally chose this card as my inspiration.  Here is what I came up with.



I stamped the globe from the Out to Sea set 4 times on scraps of Very Vanilla and punched them with my 1 1/4" square punch.  I used Stampin' Pastels to color them.

The squares are matted on a scrap of Midnight Muse.  I used a snippet of embroidery floss instead of twine.  The sentiment is a retired Stampin' Up! rub on.

I'm hoping it qualifies for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge which is 

Travel/Cityscapes


Pixie's Playground will get another visit with all these snippets.  I always love going over there and I'm making up for the time I've missed the past couple of weeks.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Out to Sea
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Midnight Muse
Other:  1 1/4" Square Punch, Stampin' Pastels (retired), Embroidery Floss (from my X stitching days), Rub On (retired)

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!

16 comments:

Cynthia said...

Pssst: Don't tell Queen Joyce Ann, but I think your card is lovelier! ;-) LOVE how you colored the globes--I thought they were metallic!

jimlynn said...

Bonnie, this is fantastic! So classy looking.
Lynn

Irene said...

Hello Bonnie

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE your card it's brilliant and the colours are gorgeous. Stunning stamps and inchies.
luv
irene
xxxx

Benzi said...

An awesome card with a great CAS design. Good job, Bonnie.

Laura said...

Loving your Case. the image is so perfect and I love the layout.TFS

Greta said...

I can see why you were inspired by that card & I love your tribute to the Queen! I still have to get my CASE of your card done in celebration of your royalty, even though I'm so late. Love your work, Bonnie!

Aileen said...

The glob squares are just fab and like Cynthia I thought you'd added bronze to the land mass. Perhaps an idea for next time??!! x

Sue - said...

Stunning card and great as a masculine one.

Amy Taylor said...

What a nice card, and would make a great masculine card for almost any occasion.

Amy
www.justalittleink.com

Darnell said...

Okay, seriously, so innovative! I thought until I read it that you had cut patterned paper! It is so awesome that you made the squares from that stamp set. CASlicious, Bonnie!!

Lisa Carroll said...

Brilliant card! So clean and graphic. :) Thanks for playing along in our "Travel/Cityscapes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

Di said...

PERFECT Bonnie - I adore the globes and it's such a beautiful, CAS card. Brilliantly made - do you use a micrometer, everything is so perfectly placed. Don't change it one iota if you ever remake it BTW!

Hugs, Di xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card ! I love the way you have made the globes-perfect :)
Nessa xx

Ellen Taylor said...

What a great way to use that map image! Very inspiring!

Juls said...

this is really cever!! love it!! Hugs Juls

Sarn said...

Oh YES! Wonderful CASE Bonnie. Excellent masculine card or Bon Voyage . . . .

Hugs
Sarn xxx