Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunny Secret Garden

I had some play time over the weekend. ;)  I  made a couple of cards using the Secret Garden set and the challenges are about to finish up.  So it will be a multi-posting day.


You may want to put on your sunglasses!


This is for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  Here's the sketch.


I get to play at Pixie's Crafty Workshop this week as the flower and leaves are from snippets.  The ribbon was too.

This is similar to a card we did in the Stamp Stack last month.  I had some extra pieces and  had a good time using them up.  In fact I may have used up most of the green snippets in the box.

The flowers was stamped 3 times with Whisper White ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock.  Then I embossed with white embossing powder.  I sponged some more DD ink on the flowers and cut them out.  The bottom layer is the whole flower, then I cut the centers out of the other 2 flowers. The layers are built up with dimensionals.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Fabulous Florets
Ink:  Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, SU Marker (Pumpkin Pie)
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, DSP
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding

I'll be back with another card in a bit.  Keep out your sunglasses!

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!





21 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, wow! Bonnie, this is fabulous and looks like a day of sunshine. I really love it. Plus, you've photographed it beautifully showing the wonderful details.

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness!!! This is sensational! So lovely and I love that Daffodil Delight flower! Beautiful card, Bonnie!
Lynn

Marisa said...

Love yellow - always cheers me up. The embossing is a great touch as are the punched corner! Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely ! Very pretty-i like the colours very much :)I have just finished a very similar flower/leaf layout for my card tomorrow.
Nessa xx

Di said...

A lovely splash of sunshine Bonnie! Love the design, and such a great idea to treble stamp and layer the Secret Garden flower maa I pinch that idea sometime please? :) If you run out of green snippets I can send you some of mine, wink.

Hugs, Di xx

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous! You made that daffodil flower shine!

Irene said...

A beautiful card Bonnie. The embossing is brilliant as are the corners. I love your sentiment, and stunning colours.
luv
irene
xxxx

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous flower! LOVE the color on it!! Good job using up snippets too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty, Bonnie!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, I love the ef and the colours are so happy :) Cathy x

Lesley said...

So very pretty! Love this Bonnie.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Bonnie! I love all of that yellow! Your flower is just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tan's Hobbies said...

Aw!! That yellor flower and ribbon are awesome, my dear Bonnie!! Love the paper that you used as the background card as well. I also love that paper cutting leaves. It is just so beautifully done.

Amy Taylor said...

Beautiful!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous - I like the texture and how you have layered up the flower. Lynn x

scrappymo! said...

Wow, Bonnie...this one is stunning!

Sarn said...

Totally scrumptious and pretty Spring card. Love it. xxx

Gillian R said...

very very pretty, love the colours

Bubbles said...

Beautiful! The colours are stunning, and the card would be a joy for anyone to recieve - a real day-brightener :)
Just visiting from the Crafty Snippets Playground,
Bubbles
at Patchwork Apples
# 35

Amanda said...

Such a bright and cheerful card, love the flowers too such a perfect lok. Hugs, Amanda x

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the bright yellow and white combo, very fresh and springy. xxx