Sunday, October 23, 2016

Chrysanthemum Corner


I've been playing with watercoloring again.

This time I painted some die cuts.

I used re-inkers and my Aqua Painter again.

I started by painting the flowers with Pumpkin Pie (yum),
and then added a little Real Red to the centers of the flowers.
I used Old Olive on the leaves.

It was hard to wait between colors but it works out so much better!

The whole panel is popped up with a piece of Fun Foam for added dimension.

There's still a little bit of time to join in at the


The Memory Box Outside the Box Challenge this month is
Those 3 sequins added just the right amount of bling for these Autumn flowers!


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!



Card Recipe
Stamps:  Choose Joy (PTI)
Ink:   Chocolate Chip
Paper:   Solar White (Neena 110 lb.), Whisper White (SU), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other: Chrysanthemum Corner Die (MB), Re-inkers (Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Old Olive), Aqua Painter, Moonstone Sequins (SSS), Fun Foam


17 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Bonnie, so pretty. Love the simplicity and the colors you used.

TK said...

So, so pretty! Love the die cut and your lovely colors, Bonnie! Must hurry and get a card if, if I can...

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. I love the watercoloured flowers. Elizabeth xx

Darnell said...

Egads, another die I want! I adore that sediment, too! You are so hard on my pocketbook, Bonnie! (Geez, pocketbook. Who am I, Mary Tyler Moore?! No one uses that word any more!) You've made another gorgeous work of art!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

So beautiful Bonnie! Love this corner die. It is hard to wait for the watercolours to dry, but well worth it --- great job! xx

Barb said...

Beautiful design work Bonnie and I love the colours. Barbxx

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love how you did the flower die cut, and you are right, the 3 sequins add just the right amount of bling.

Susanne Vargas said...

What a beautiful die and I love how you colored it in my favorite colors ;) Sweet sentiment, too!

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous! I love the blending of colors on your die cut as well as the fabulous sentiment! Those definitely are words to live by. This is incredibly beautiful!

Sandy said...

Beautiful Bonnie and such a wonderful quote!
sandy xx

Susan said...

Beautiful - just like the chrysanthemums I see blooming everywhere right now. Perfect placement of your sequins and a lovely sentiment. I find it hard to watercolour die cuts - I must try your tip of letting it dry between every colour!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So lovely and great job painting the die cuts and getting the colors to blend and waiting for the colors to dry!

Bobby said...

I love the way you painted the die, Bonnie, and I totally understand the 'wait' part. ;)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card, Bonnie! Beautiful autumn colors on the flowers and leaves and I love your sentiment!

nancy littrell said...

So pretty and delicate Bonnie. I loved how you watercolored your diecuts. TFS my friend. Hugs, nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW - Bonnie this is amazing - love your colour usage and the placement of the sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

MaryH said...

Swoon! This is lovely and splendid way to use that gorgeous die. Your watercoloring skills are just amazing...make me drool when I see how pretty it turns out! TFS