Monday, May 22, 2017

Joyful Splatter

Hi there.

Have you splattered yet?

I had fun making this card!


I die cut from a snippet of watercolor paper, cutting the flower part twice.

Then I sponged some DOX paint on the pieces and spritzed with water.
The water moved the paint some and made some interesting color.

I think I spent more time trying different sizes of circles for the center
of the flowerthan I did on anything else.
It's from a snippet of yellow, splattered
with some watered Distress Ink.

I added some yellow splatters too to the panel too.

I'll take this to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge
WEDDING, ANNIVERSARY, ALL THINGS LOVE
I think hugs mean love and I really love flowers.
That's one reason I love Penny Black stamps and dies!

CAS Mix Up
I've stamped, splattered and spritzed and die cut.

Since I used water to get the DOX ink to move,
I'll put this is in the 

Both challenges close at midnight PDT on the 24th.


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Happy Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint (DOX), Chocolate Chip (SU)
Paper:   Neena, Watercolor (TH)
Other:  Joyful Die (PB), X-Stitch Border Die (Gina Marie)


24 comments:

JosieD said...

Love this card -- the look of the DOX, my new fave X-stitch framelits, and the splatters -- all working together. You sure have a special touch with this style card. Hugs and smiles.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so gorgeous...wonderful colour blends on your flower...really love how you layered it too...
xx Karen

Pat said...

This is really beautiful Bonnie and I love the colour of the flower and the prettty splattering and the double layer X-stitch die cut mats which look so elegant. x

Liz said...

Love this card, beautiful flower and such a lovely design. xx

Loll said...

So pretty!! Love the dimension of the flower head. Great design --- love those splatters! xx

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful CAS design, Bonnie. Love your die cut frames, gorgeous die cut flower and colorful splatters. TFS my friend. Hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie what a gorgeous card - love the gold splatters behind that pretty and ever so delicate flower
Blessings
Maxine

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm loving the way you are using your dies, a really Beautiful card.
Faith
x

JoAnn B. said...

Another beautiful card. Love the flower.

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous card, I love the speckled effect the DOX inks have created on the flower, CAS perfection

Sandy said...

Always beautiful Bonnie - love your card!
sandy xx

pam said...

Love this gorgeous card Bonnie, beautiful flower and great splatters!
Hugs Pam x

Darnell said...

Bonnie, your six-part series of stem flowers has been just brilliant! You could seriously sell any of these framed as sets in a boutique for lotta money! I would buy them! I loved the photos you posted from your balcony on vacation and I'm glad you had a great time! We are down in Santa Barbara on the beach, too, which is where we went after Katherine's graduation. It's especially soothing after being in that LA traffic for a few days!!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

Just beautiful! Love the flower, the splatters, and the layered stitched borders!

Mac Mable said...

So pretty and great layout. The circle in the centre is the perfect size!!! Such a beautiful card, crisp and gorgeous x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your delicate flower, Bonnie -- splatters add the perfect touch!!

Nstiz said...

Bonnie, there are very few bloggers who can make me go shopping after seeing their card! You are one of them! The dimension and color you added to that wonderful die cut is just fabulous. Love this!

Jo said...

Simply gorgeous, I just want to touch your flower and pick it up, truly a beauty. The double matting is really brilliant too. Beautiful card Bonnie, xx

Julia Aston said...

I just LOVE the 3D look with your loose petals Bonnie! Beautiful colors and pretty splatter! Julia xx

BożenA said...

Hello Bonnie,
I love this PB flower, but you did much more with him. You added extra layers, which made it look even more amazing. I like the embossed edges, they look like delicate lace. And wonderful splashing ... The whole is stunning.
Hugs, my Friend,
BożenA xoxo

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful!

Carol L said...

Your life-like flower looks amazing with those layers and splatters, and I love those rectangle dies too! Simply stunning!

Bobby said...

You have such control over your spatters, Bonnie. The flower is so delightful with is loose petals and leaves.

Greta said...

Oh wow--this is really beautiful, Bonnie! So glad you shared it in the gallery at PBSC!