Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Spring Flowers for CAS Watercolour

Hello friends.

I hope you're having a fine day!

There's still time to play at CAS Watercolour


Here's the Challenge

It's open until the 24th.

There are some beautiful floral cards in the gallery
and the Design Team has loaded in some more awesome inspiration!

I've splattered too, so I'll add this to the gallery at

Everything used for this card was NBUS except for the sentiment.

I stamped this flower, the stem and leaves on a piece of Mixed Media Paper and
heat embossed them with white embossing powder.

Using my Aqua Painter and ink squooshed into the lid, I painted everything up.
I love that it when I don't have to stay inside the lines!

Then I die cut everything with the corresponding dies.

A little shaping (not a lot) and some pieces of dimensionals added some dimension.

The die cut rectangle is popped up with fun foam.

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Spring Flowers (SSS), Kind Words (Verve)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder, Wild Wasabi (SU)
Paper:   Neena (110 lb., Solar White), Mixed Media (Strathmore)
Other:  Floral Shapes Die (SSS), X-stitch Border Die (Gina Marie), White EP Aqua Painter  (SU)


20 comments:

Betty said...

this is one of my favorite stamp sets and love how you colored it, Loll!

Loll said...

Soft and delicate colours are just perfect for this flower, Bonnie. Gorgeous mix of colours and design. xx

nancy littrell said...

Simply beautiful die cut flower and wonderfully coloured, Bonnie. Love your CAS design, sentiment and light splattering too. TFS my friend. Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful flower and love the dies and the card.
Faith
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful elegance Bonnie....so pretty and I love the stitching details.
xx Karen

Mrs A. said...

How pretty. I love your resulting card. Hugs Mrs A.

Nstiz said...

I love your painting, Bonnie. It looks wonderful on the white embossed image. I too love when it doesn't matter staying inside the lines especially with watercolor. You highlighted your blossoms so perfectly! Love that stamp too!

Doris said...

Your beautiful card proves once again that simple is best!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Simple and stunning Bonnie! Fabulous water-colouring as usual and the stitched rectangle and bold sentiment shows the flower off to perfection! Have a great day! Have a wonderful day my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mac Mable said...

So very beautiful. Love the colours and how you've coloured that fabulous stamp. Great splats and such a gorgeous card......love it x

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely card, Bonnie!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the flowers and your watercoloring, so pretty.

Sandy said...

Always a "Klass" act!
Sandy xx

Susan said...

What a beautiful stamping / die cutting combination! Love the white heat embossing and the lovely shades of pink! I might have to get that Gina K border die! A nice variation on the Lil Inkers stitched borders.

Brenda said...

Hi Bonnie, I can see that I have missed lots of beautiful cards! Sorry to have been MIA for so long. Part is because I'm not getting email notifications (what's new there!) and part because it is has been busy around here. I am trying something new to me and I'm coming over from Dashboard. Hopefully I can stay up to date once again! Hugs, Brenda

Linda said...

This looks so pretty ... I love the colours and the splatters in the background xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous watercolored flowers, Bonnie, and I love them on the white cross-stitched mat!!

Christine Alexander said...

simplicity and elegance at it's best. the white embossing is the perfect outline for the flower :)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Bonnie this is gorgeous - love the soft water colours and the subtle dimension
Blessings
Maxine

JosieD said...

What a sweet looking card...good for so many things. The stamp and die combo and water color technique you used make it easy peasy to put together. I got that cross stitch frame dies set after we talked -- love the way it sets off an image.