Saturday, July 22, 2017

Tissue Paper with Tim Holtz

Hi there.

I have one more tissue paper card (for now) to share with you.


I had seen this tissue paper by Tim Holtz and was intrigued about it.

It's quite heavy for tissue and coated so it acts differently than regular tissue paper
but it was fun to use nonetheless.

I cut a piece and glued it on a piece of cardstock with Distress Collage Matte Medium.

Since one of the requirements at CAS Mix Up is to use stamping, I thought
I'd stamp a flower on the tissue.

I had the Light Touch stamp out for another project so I inked it up
with some Festive Berries and Mowed Lawn Distress ink and stamped it in the corner.
I masked the edges with sticky notes so the flower would only be on the design part.

I let it dry, or thought I did.

Unfortunately, the coating on the tissue or the Matte Medium kept it from
drying like I though it would.  So smudges ensued!

Drat!

Out came the splatters.

It's amazing how they can make a smudge look like it was done on purpose!

The background butterfly is cut from vellum with a black topper.

The whole design is popped up on fun foam.

is open until the 24th.
I used tissue paper, stamping, splattering, die cuts and vellum.

Challenge is open until the 24th.

This printed tissue was fun, but I think the tissue leftover from packages
is just as much fun.

I just may go and stamp some.....

Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!




Card Recipe
Stamps:  Light Touch (PB)
Ink:   Festive Berries, Mowed Lawn (DI)
Paper:  Neena, Mixed Media (S), Melange Tissue Wrap (TH) 
Other:  Collage Matte Medium (D), Moonlight and Kaleidoscope Butterfly dies (MB)


18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Smudge look looks great to me with those splats!!! The printed tissue paper looks great as the background against the black die cut butterfly and that pretty flower. Love the pop of colour x

Barb said...

A lovely card Bonnie and the splatters look great. I'd never have known about the smudge. Barbxx

Christine Alexander said...

without the description, I'd never have known it smudged, looks very artsy. It was probably the matt medium it makes the suface a little waterproof. Great card and awesome smudge :)

Loll said...

So pretty! Don't you love splatters?? They saved this gorgeous card. I would never have know there were smudges except that you 'fessed up! :) Interesting about the ink not drying on the Tim Holtz tissue. I haven't tried the pieces you sent me yet, so thanks for the tip. xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the splatters on the text, such a beautiful card, with the butterfly flying off the page.
Faith
x

pam said...

Love this card Bonnie! especially the the splats! with that beautiful smudgy image..
Your butterfly is a perfect finishing touch.
Hugs Pam x

BożenA said...

I was looking for stamps that looked like a newspaper page. The paper you used is brilliant :-) I love the reflection of the flower in the corner of the panel, it is transparent and it looks amazing. A splatter completes the beauty of the card. Beautiful inspiration!
Hugs, i hope, you have a wonderful weekend :-)
BożenA

JosieD said...

This is such an interesting and unique looking card....with many magic Bonnie touches...like "adjusting" look of smudges with splatters and the solid b'fly die from vellum with the black topper and masking edges for flower stamp. Plus the Light Touch stamp. All adding up to a WOW card.

JosieD said...

Oops, forgot to mention the interesting tissue paper -- very different!

Brenda in IN said...

What a great save with the splatters. Would not have known if you hadn't told me. The tissue is really unique and stamping on it is very cool.

Julia Aston said...

Your flower stamping is beautiful on the tissue wrap Bonnie - It does take longer to dry with it's coating - I always use my heat tool on it to be sure it's dry before trying to do anything else with it. You saved it with the splatter and the great contrast of the black die cut butterfly! a lovely card design! Julia xx

Susan said...

The splatters were a great way to save the piece!! I have some of that Tim Holtz tissue and always forget to use it! You've inspired me to get it out. Love the bold contrast of the black butterfly.

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful Mixed Media tissue paper card, Bonnie. TFS all your details, including your smudges. Your splatters were the perfect solution. Anymore, when I stamp I automatically blot with a paper towel. Smudges happen so often with mixed media products...lol!

Love your design and the vellum layer of your die cut butterfly. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Nstiz said...

Love the look of that tissue, Bonnie. I got such a kick out of your description too. Not sure I ever made a card that was totally smudge free. If this is smudged, I sure can't see it. Great cover using the splatter.

Darnell said...

See? We never would have known these were "cover-up splatters" if you hadn't told us, Bolly! It all looks beautiful and purposeful to me! Hope you had a great weekend! Hugs, Dolly

kiwimeskreations said...

What a different card because of the different tissue paper - love your stamped flower and smudges err, splatters.
Blessings
Maxine

Anita in France said...

Goodness, Bonnie, this is beautiful ... the softly stamped bloom (smudged or not!) is such a wonderful contrast to the black and vellum fluttery butterfly ... and I love all the tiny splatters, they're great over the tissue background! Hugs, Anita :)

Marcia Hill said...

This is one BEAUTIFUL card Bonnie! I have never seen this printed tissue paper but think I NEED to try and find some! And I never would have noticed your smudges as the splattering totally looks like it was meant to be! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! ;0)