Thursday, January 18, 2018

Feathery Cling Wrap

Hello.  I'm glad you stopped by.


I tried something different with the cling wrap technique.

I got a fun new to me product for Christmas and I've had fun playing.
Thank you dear friend.

Here are two pieces that I played with.

On the bottom piece, using a coated paper, I sprinkled these powders, 
spritzed liberally with water, then laid down some cling wrap and smooshed it around.

Then I wrinkled up the cling wrap, pressed it down and left it to dry.

Several hours later I pulled off the cling wrap and seeing lots of wet color
on the cling wrap, I laid it on another piece of coated paper and left it.

I loved the feathery look that was left behind when I removed the cling!
This is the piece I used for this card.


I die cut a feather out of some handmade paper in my stash and added some 
heat embossing to the edges.

I wasn't sure how the ink would do on the coated paper, so I
used some Archival ink and heat embossed it for good measure.

It was laying on the table with the design piece off center and I liked it.
So I popped it up with some foam and let it stay right there.

I'll add it to the CAS Mix Up Gallery
Using stamping, Cling Wrap Technique with powder and water, heat embossing and die cuts
and also to
ANYTHING GOES


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Walk by Faith (PTI) 
Ink:   Tree Branch (Archival), Versamark
Paper:   Neena, Coated Paper, Handmade Paper
Other:  Lindy's Magicals (Sassy Sapphire), Cling Wrap, Stitched Rectangle Die (SSS), Feather Die (Wish), Gold EP (SU)


14 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, I love the second generation print off the cling wrap. It's so soft and wispy in colour effect for the feather.

Loll said...

Always great when you can get two backgrounds from one sprinkle of colour powders! Love the soft look behind your beautiful feather die-cut. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Bonnie - and I so love the scripture.
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

Great to re-use the cling wrap Bonnie, will be doing that next time. Your card is perfect! Love the unique technique and those colours and I love that feather...The touches of heat embossing is fabulous. Just my type of card...love it x

JosieD said...

Love the look of this card...so peaceful and gentle and perfect for the quote. The "feathery" version of the cling wrap panel works so well and I like that it is off set. As always, it is your very special touches and details that make a card so interesting. Stay warm, my friend.

Jo said...

Gorgeous feathery background. Love the subtleness. That feather is beautifully distressed and the sentiment completes the feeling. Beautiful! xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The background is soft and pretty and I really like the embossing on the feather. That detail adds so much.

maria f. said...

Wow Bonnie. That blue BG is perfect for your wafting feather. And I love the embossing (and that center line - is that a stick?) on the feather. Fabulous touches.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So VERY beautiful, I love the background, but the feather and the quote is something else. Wonderful card.
Faith
x

Susan said...

Great idea to reuse the cling wrap and get that lovely second generation background - it's so delicate and ideal for a CAS card! I must try doing that next time.

BożenA said...

What an amazing final effect on your card! Foiled background and this beautiful feather look great. I love the background color you have used and the delicate pattern you have obtained ... I love this card!
Hugs,
BożenA

Susanne Vargas said...

These backgrounds look amazing (can't wait to see what you do with the other one! Your single feather with the gold accents and that wonderful sentiment complement the background panel perfectly!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful and soft second generation cling wrap background, Bonnie! I love that you heat-embossed the edges of the feather and put the front panel off to the center! Hideko :-)

Linda said...

This is gorgeous .... what a great idea to get a second print when removing the cling wrap, it looks so delicate. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx