Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Red Delight for CAS Christmas

Hello Friend. I'm glad you could stop by.


There's still a week left to join in at CAS Christmas 
where Loll has chosen our challenge.

The Design Team along with our fantastic Guest Designer, Marina (My Perfect Life)
have some beautiful poinsettias to share with you at


To make this card I used a Penny Black Brushstroke stamp 
placed it in my MISTI and inked it up with mini ink pads and markers.

First I stamped with Spun Sugar, went over the ink with a damp
waterbrush and stamped again.

I repeated this using Festive Berries ink.

When I was pretty well satisfied with the petals, I inked the stem with
a Peeled Paint marker then edged the stem with Pine Needles.

I pulled color out of the flower for the wash, then dropped in
a bit of Twisted Citron ink smooshed on my palette and picked up
with a wet water brush.

Finally, I inked the petal details with a Barn Door marker,
stamped and blended.

I used a Stitched Arch Die to cut the image
and a larger die from the same set for the frame.
The top die cut layer is on foam for added dimension.


Challenges: 


Thanks for the visit and special thanks for your comments.

Enjoy!


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Red Delight, Festive Snippets (PB)
Ink:   Onyx Black (Versafine), Spun Sugar, Festive Berries, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Twisted Citron (DI and DM).
Paper:  Mixed Media (St.), Pearl Textured (Coredinations), Neenah 
Other:  Stitched Arch STAX (MFT), Gold micro beads.


24 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful artsy, water colour effect on your beautiful card. So very pretty and the arched die cut looks great x

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card!

Susan said...

Lovely watercoloured poinsettia, great framing, and beautiful use of the pearl textured cardstock on the top.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful and artsy poinsettia, Bonnie! Adding a bit of Twisted Citron to the background goes to show that you have an eye for art. The flower perfectly fits in the arched frame. And I love that you chose to use the Pearl Textured cardstock for the front panel. It adds a classy shine to the card. Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Bonnie, the soft watercolouring is beautiful and so perfectly framed. Your pealized textured base is gorgeous.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card, love the arch.
Faith
x

Jo said...

Such a beauty, Bonnie. Love the watery feel of you poinsettia, makes it all so dreamy. Peaceful it is :D xx

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card Bonnie!! I love that stamp you used too, and you colored it just beautifully! Love the little gold micro beads added to the center too and how perfect is that die cut opening for this card?! LOVE it!! :0)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful and a true work of art!!
Lynn

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous framing for your dreamy watercolored stamped poinsettia, Bonnie. The texture and pearl color of your Coredinations card base added to the beauty of your pretty Christmas card. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Loll said...

I love the way you've watercoloured this beautiful poinsettia Bonnie. Gorgeous details and a beautiful watercoloured background. The image looks fantastic with the partial circle frame and that beautiful pearl card front. xx

Nstiz said...

Beautiful painting, Bonnie and excellent petal definition. I have this stamp and it's not always easy to do. Love the unique framing on this too!

Trina P. said...

Your watercolouring/stamping technique always produce amazing results, Bonnie. So much depth. Incredible olour. Love the gray and the dome design. xx

Nance said...

Gorgeous stamping and painting, Bonnie! And I love the arc dies, looks like a snowglobe. The shimmery silver cardbase compliments the soft flower colors and just makes for a very elegant card! Hope you had a nice birthday this week! xx . Hugs my friend!

JoAnn said...

Pretty poinsettia. It just shines with that pearl paper as a top layer. Love the arched die cut window.

Brenda in IN said...

Beautiful layered colors on your poinsettia, Bonnie. It looks wonderful.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oh my goodness - what a beauty, Bonnie!! Gorgeous poinsettia and I love the beaded center!!

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, this is a beauty for sure! I am loving the poinsettia and I love how it came out with your water coloring. I also love that beautiful pearly looking paper base too. Hugs, Brenda

Jane said...

Love the loose watercoloured look of your poinsettia, so pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie! You make me want to try the same technique, so pretty. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards challenges.

Melissa L. said...

Simply lovely, Bonnie. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Sandy said...

This has to be my very most favorite - Bonnie this is outstanding art work and I sure wish you would video tutorials and/or video classes and YES I would definitely pay to watch!!!!!
Sandy xx

BożenA said...

Watercolor is one of my beloved techniques. Like the image melts in the background, it's unique! Placing this poisettia in a semi-circle looks amazing, like in a snowball :-)
hugs,
BozenA

Bobby said...

The poinsettia fits perfectly into the arch and the silver metallic paper sets it off well.