Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pink Wedding Cake


Today's card is for the One Layer Wednesday challenge that's over at the Simplicity blog this week.  Susan challenged us to be inspired by some beautiful wedding cakes.  You can see the choices at the Cake Wrecks site.  I was going to put a picture of the inspiration cake here, but either my server or theirs wouldn't let me.  It's the pink one, the 8th picture down.


I used Blushing Bride and the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder, leaving a strip at the bottom without the embossing.

The sentiment is stamped with Whisper White and embossed with White.  It doesn't show up very well.  I think it needed some more smooth space!

I used the White Satin Ribbon and gave it a bit of a twist.  I gathered another piece of the ribbon to make a flower and topped it off with a pearl from the Pretties Kit.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Kind & Caring Thoughts
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Blushing Bride
Accessories:  White Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Elegant Lines EF, White EP, Pearl

I'm not totally satisfied with this card.  I'm going to try another one if I can find the time.

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

6 comments:

Bev J. said...

Beautiful-love the embossing on the pretty pink-I don't have Blushing Bride but looks like a pretty color. tfs

Emily Keaton said...

A simply elegant card! It would be great as a wedding card, even. I love how you did your ribbon with a twist!!

Benzi said...

OMG, this is beautiful. Love the pretty color and the embossing folder. Your ribbon with a twist is great and the flower is divine. I wish I could make a fower like that.

Susan said...

Bonnie, this is gorgeous! I love the twist to the ribbon...and that embossing is so pretty. What EF is that?

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just stunning! The ribbon flower is perfect x

Susan Raihala said...

Oh now gorgeous! The embossing is so crisp and pretty, and the ribbon treatment really sets it off beautifully.