Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pocket full of Colors


When I saw the Colors for the ColorQ challenge this week, Espresso, Cajun, Saffron, Artichoke, Kraft & White, I immediately thought of Pocket Silhouettes.  This wonderful set of little foliage stamps works so well with multiple colors.

Then when Jennifer posted the One Layer Wednesday challenge and said to use at least 5 different colors of ink, I had the colors all lined up!

Now the challenge was to get them all on a one layer card.


I made a mask and sponged an area on the front of the card with So Saffron.  Then I stamped the different flowers & foliage in Crumb Cake (formerly Kraft), Always Artichoke & Cajun Craze. 

The Early Espresso went toward the sentiment.  I must confess, it took three tries to get it somewhat straight.  I can stamp it straight on the scratch paper, but not on the card.  Go figure! 

Then I used an acrylic block to guide my Espresso Marker around the design, leaving the design area kind of hanging free.  It's still not perfectly straight but it is handmade after all!

Card Recipe:
Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes, Three Little Words
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Whisper White
Accessories:  Early Espresso SU Marker

Now to go leave it off at ColorQ & Styles Ink.
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you come back soon.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

12 comments:

Jennifer Styles said...

And what a beautiful card you came up with - just lovely!

Thanks for playing along with OLW28.

Emily Keaton said...

What a completely creative and beautiful approach to both challenges, Bonnie!! You nailed these :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Bonnie. I love how you've combined the Pocket Silhouette images. I know what you mean about getting things straight - even with a stamp positioner I still manage to get things wonky sometimes!

Bev J. said...

Very pretty-like the colors you chose and the frame-tfs.

Sylvia said...

Hi Bonnie! Your card is lovely. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Too beautiful! Love the muted colours

Doris said...

I have a quote from the Carol Duvall Show hanging in my Stamping Tower as a reminder: "All things are literally better, lovelier and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making." Your card will bless someone, not because it's perfect, but because you took the time to make it and send it.

Susan said...

Bonnie, this is fabulous!!! I have those stamps and would never have thought to use them all together! Love it!!

Christina said...

I love the simplicity of this design and the focus on those beautiful flower silhouettes. Wonderful use of these colors! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Abounding Treasures said...

This is a truly LOVELY card and I agree with the wonderful quote that Doris gave ... must print that out and hang it in my crafting area :o)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Bonnie, what can I say - this is just so blissful to me, I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for playing with the colourQ!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your win at ColourQ with this card! Hooray!

And I have one word for you: Stampamajig!
Seriously, I cannot stamp without it. :)