Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bright and Happy

Here's a card that I did yesterday.  I ended up veering from the intended design, but I'm really happy with it.


The Paper Players challenge this week is a color challenge that I couldn't pass up!


I love these bright colors and knew they would be perfect with my new Hello Blossoms stamp.  This stamp is in the Summer Mini catalog and will be available until August 31.

I used my Boho Blossoms and Itty Bitty Shapes punches so I could have an extra dimension on my flowers.  After punching, I used a large stylus and rubbed it in circles around the flower to pop the edges out.

And of course I had to emboss the Melon Mambo piece with my Square Lattice Embossing Folder before attaching the bow.

I really like that I was able to use all scraps except for the base card and ribbon.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Hello Blossoms
Ink:  SU Markers (Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight)
Paper:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Boho Blossoms & Itty, Bitty Shapes Punches, Square Lattice EF, Daffodil Delight grosgrain ribbon, Basic Pearls

I'm so glad you stopped by.  I hope this card brought a smile to your face as it did mine.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Susie said...

Bright and happy for sure!

Lauri said...

What a pretty card! I love the simplicity of the design! Thanks for playing this week with the Paper Players!

Marisa said...

Totally cute card, Bonnie :) Love the addition of the popped up flowers to that set.

Lesley said...

Oh my Bonnie! I love what you did with the colours! This is so sweet!
Hugs,
Lesley

Victoria said...

Beautiful, bright summery card Bonnie!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Such a lovely, sunny card Bonnie! I love how you have added the pearls to the centres of the flowers. thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

A really lovely bright, summery card!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, your flowers are so adorable. Good job curling them out, too. Great colors. Love this sweet card.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh this is just darling! I love the itty bitty flowers--it just makes the card! So simple and adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players again! :-)

jaydee said...

Bonnie, I think you ended up with the perfect design! Those flowers are fabulous. The little bow perfect and the whole layout is ideal for the elements you chose.
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week and shared this gorgeous creation
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love it, Bonnie! The flowers peally come to life with the fun colors and the pearl centers. The pop of texture on the Melon Mambo is awesome, too. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Bonnie! Clean, simple and oh, so cute! I love how you used pearls for the centers of the flowers! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Carol said...

LOVE these colors together...your card is so bright and cheerful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely summery card, love it