Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Scrappin' Sunday on Tuesday

My friend Sue at Sharing What I Love has a special feature on Sunday's.  She calls it Scrappin' Sunday and she makes a card from her scraps.  Everything is scraps except the base card.

I have a ton of scraps.

Really, you wouldn't believe how many I have.

The scraps seem to multiply.  I use them, but the bags still get fuller.

So I'm going to do Scrappin' Sundays with Sue.

I'm late.  But you're used to that aren't you?


Do you have scraps?  Follow the link above to Sue's blog and get some good ideas.  Then add your card to her linky.  We'll have lots of scrappin' ideas in one place.

One advantage of being late is that the CAS challenge at SCS yesterday was a sketch inspired by mocjen (Jennie).

Two birds with one stone so to speak.

But wait, the TLC Challenge at SCS yesterday was to do patchwork.

Sometimes being late has it's advantages.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Strength & Hope
Ink:  Whisper White
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, DSP, Daffodil Delight
Accessories:  White EP, Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Fine gauge wire

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I love all the comments and hope to get time to comment on your cards too.  Wish I didn't need to sleep!

Enjoy!


8 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is so pretty, Bonnie!! I love being able to use up scraps (but I confess that mine multiply, too. How does that happen???) I look forward to being inspired by your scraps cards!!

Victoria said...

Beautiful way to use up scraps Bonnie! I am just loving this square lattice embossing folder, the texture is just so fab!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Vicky Hayes said...

I've seen this technique many times before Bonnie but I really love the simplicity of yours. The colours are great too!

Susie said...

Beautiful card and such a lovely way to use your scraps. I've been going to do the CAS challenge this week, too. I've got the beginnings of it on my work table. Question - did you dry emboss this all after you put the scraps on? Really love it.

Susie said...

Oh, and I forgot to thank you very much for the shout out. It was so kind of you.

Carol said...

LOVE your card! LOVE the texture on the scraps AND the background...so cool! What a sweet, simple little card!

And, thanks for visiting my blog....I promise to post more!

Shirley said...

Wow, I love the quilted look with your EB folder! A really pretty card, Bonnie!

Benzi said...

Just look what a person can do with scraps! This is gorgeous. Love that technique you used...one of my favorites.