Sunday, September 11, 2011

Lovely Peace

The Less is More challenge this week is
ONE LAYER CARD

entitled

SEEING DOUBLE

So on your entry this week, we'd like to see TWO of something.

I got to play with my friends in Roanoke Rapids yesterday and practiced using the new Designer Frames Embossing Folders.  I thought the one layer with the embossed oval would be perfect for this challenge.  What do you think?


Here's a wonderful tutorial on how to use these embossing folders without having the extra lines.  Thank  you Sharon for sharing this with us.

After I did the embossing on the card, I punched an oval from a sticky note with the wide oval punch.  Then I laid the note over the embossing leaving the oval open.  I inked the top of the fir tree from the Lovely as a Tree set with Old Olive and thumped the ends of the branches with my Always Artichoke marker and huffed before stamping. Then I repeated the process and stamped again a bit lower.  I sponged the sky with Stampin' Pastels and used my uni-ball® white Signo Gel Pen to make snowflakes.  I lightly sponged the dots around the oval too.


The sentiment is from the retired All Holidays set.  I used a Not Quite Navy marker to ink the Peace of the Peace, Love, Joy stamp.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, All Holidays
Ink:  Old Olive, SU Markers (Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Big Shot, Designer Label EF, Wide Oval Punch, Stampin Pastels, Sponge Dauber, uni-ball® white Signo Gel Pen

Thanks for coming by today.  I hope you have enjoyed your visit and will come back soon.



18 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Bonnie and I love how you have achieved the 'no lines'.
I read the tutorial, but am wondering whether a similar sandwich could be achieved with the Cuttlebug. I must go and experiment... not that we can get those embossing frames in this country!
Thanks so much for another super submission this week.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

Bonnie - I absolutely love this card! Brilliant to use the ends of the tree stamp and I love your gel pen snow too. That EF looks fabulous and I'll be looking forward to using it next month - thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Carol said...

Such a beautiful card, Bonnie! Thank you so much for the link on how to use these smaller embossing folders. I really love the look of them on a card, but I've struggled with the outside lines of the folder ruining the effect. You've made me want to go back and try this again after reading the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

Benzi said...

Love it, Bonnie. Good job with that pretty folder and I really like the snowflakes you made. Super creation!

Cynthia said...

So beautiful! It looks like a frosted window! Well done!!

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my cards here and here .
Maureen........x

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Bonnie
Gorgeous framed scene
Good to see you
Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, that is SO pretty, Bonnie!! I love that sweet little frame you made for the lovely scene you created. A beautiful one-layer CAS card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Peace is so right for this card, it is peaceful and beautiful

Beryl K said...

A very pretty card, love it
Beryl x

Jenny said...

Just wonderful Bonnie, I love the tops of the trees showing through the frame...very stylish Christmas card :)
Thanks for the tutorial link, I have some Cuttlebug EF this would work with, I'm going to try tomorrow :)
Jenny x

Anne said...

Very elegant card, thanks for the tut link
Anne
x

massofhair said...

Very elegant card full of techniques and a fantastic result:-)

G Peplow said...

Hi Bonnie, Clever you, I love the oval it's very classy and pretty too, simply wonderful, Gay xxx

Sherry Eckblad said...

great card. I love the simplicity yet elegance of it. I am definitely going to check out that tutorial on the embossing.

Julie Marshall said...

Beautiful card! These new frames are my faves. I love how you used them here. TFS.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Be still my heart! I think this is a masterpiece, a CAS masterpiece. It is so full of crisp whiteness, like the winter snow. And seeing just those tippy tops of trees against a blue winter sky....oh, Bonnie!

Aileen said...

Love your framed scene, it's so perfect! x