Monday, January 9, 2012

Hearts that Sparkle

Now that Christmas is behind us, it's on to Valentine cards.


This card is a CASE of this card by wendybell.  She was named Queen for the Day at SCS last Friday.  I'm glad her reign lasts a week so I had time to play along.  I have been an admirer of Wendy's cards for a long time and loved the opportunity to go through her gallery.  I've missed so many of her lovely cards lately.

I changed the snowflakes to hearts and used embossing with my new Embossing Folder from the Occasions Mini catalog instead of stamping on the bottom of the card.  I kept the black but used white instead of gray.  My sentiment is from the I {Love} Love wheel.  I took the rubber off the wheel and cut it apart to mount separately on Cling Foam.  The border is from the Perfect Punches set.

The large heart is punched with the Full Heart Punch from Red Glimmer Paper and the small hearts were punched with the Heart to Heart punch.  To get the sparkle on the little hearts,  I used the Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets adhered to Whisper White. After punching,  I peeled off the backing and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds.  Glitter really sticks great to these adhesive sheets!

Other challenges
CAS challenge this week at SCS to use die cuts.  I hope that these punchies will count.
Paper Players, the challenge is All you Need is Love.

Best of all, I have a Valentine made.

All Supplies Stampin' Up!
Card Recipe
Stamps:  I {Love} Love Wheel, Perfect Punches
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler SU Marker
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper
Other:  Full Heart, Heart to Heart and Curly Label Punches, Big Shot, Adorning Accents & Elegant Lines EF, Silver Elastic Cord, Dazzling Diamonds, Adhesive Sheets

It was such a great weekend for stamping and I actually felt like I was caught up.  I hope it can continue throughout the week.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy!
 

11 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Bonnie, your sparkly hearts are so sweet! I'm getting into the Valentine swing of things, too ;).

Aileen said...

Very elegant valentines. Love the embossing and sparkly hearts. x

Tan's Hobbies said...

Wow Bonnie, the card looks really great with the embossing. The black and white combination really makes your sparkle heart brighter!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Bonnie, I like how you combined these embossing folders. Sometimes I can't think of how to use mine, but you have given me some inspiration here! also like the glittery hearts. :)

Benzi said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! Your sparkly hearts are so pretty and I love the embossing folder.

Vicky Hayes said...

Another lovely design Bonnie! Those glittery hearts look wonderful against your textured neutral background.

Unknown said...

The black and white combination of colors are very good.

Plastic cards
membership card

carolscards said...

Your chickadee is so realistic! I'll have to try that. Thanks Carol Smith

LeAnne said...

Bonnie, this is really pretty...I almost forgot about my glimmer paper! I think I need to bring it out for some gorgeous Valentine's Day cards this like! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Wow! I need the get some of those sticky sheets! Love these elegant colors and all the dry embossing...beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful, Bonnie! Love that texture from the embossing and those sparkly hearts. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)