Monday, March 12, 2012

Always Creative Swirly Blues

The One Layer Wednesday challenge last week was to have some Swirly Fun.  This is what I came up with.


I was undecided which swirly stamp to use.  When I saw the CAS challenge today at Splitcoaststampers called White with Shades of Blue, I made the choice.

The image was stamped with Night of Navy and I used Pool Party, Island Indigo, and Marina Mist markers to color the image.

Then I used my Simply Scored and the new Simply Scored Diagonal Plate to score some lattice on the bottom of the card and wrapped some Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon above the scoring.

And did you notice the bling?  Not much, just a touch.

I have some exciting news.  My Through the Window card won at Merry Monday last week.  I'll get to be the guest designer there next week.  Yeah!

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Always Elegant
Ink:  Night of Navy, SU Markers (Pool Party, Island Indigo, Marina Mist)
Paper:  Whisper White
Other:  Simply Scored, Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones


We had another beautiful Carolina day.  Every day I see a little bit more green on the trees.  I took Jack outside with his walker.  He kept going in the grass and getting stuck.  In the house though, his little feet just fly.  When he figures out how to steer, we'll be in trouble.

I'm so glad you stopped by.  And thank you so much for all the wonderful compliments and welcome to my new followers.

Enjoy!



12 comments:

Benzi said...

This is gorgeous, Bonnie! I love the blue and that awesome image.

Congrats on your win and GDT postion.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Very pretty and elegant swirly card, Bonnie! And congratulations on your card being the winner!!!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful and elegant looking. You added just the right amount of bling on here too! Gorgeous.
Lynn

Cynthia said...

I knew that window card was awesome!! ;-) Today's card is just as beautiful--love the swirl and the color too!

Susie said...

This is another beauty. Congrats on winning over at Merry Monday with that fabulous card.

Autumn Mist said...

Beautiful card, so simple and striking. I saw your win on Merry Monday, congrats, you deserve it with such a stunning creation.

Kim S said...

Your Merry Monday card was absolutely amazing!!!

This card is so elegant, the use of blues is perfect on that image!

Colleen Dietrich said...

CAs beauty! And congrats on your win (again, right?) at Merry Monday!

Sounds like Jack enjoyed his day outside, even if his vehicle kept getting grounded. ;)

Carol said...

WOW! Love this card...the colors, the image...everything about it! It is so striking, Bonnie!

Susan said...

Bonnie...WOW! What a gorgeous flourish!! Your coloring is impeccable...and that scoring on the bottom looks fabulous!! Really, really gorgeous card!!

Aileen said...

So elegant! x

G Peplow said...

Beautiful card Bonnie, love the flourish, xxx