Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nature, Nature.

I have another masking project for the Less is More challenge this week.


First I stamped this lovely turtle and masked him. Then I stamped the grass and sponged the ground and background.  I used markers to color the turtle.  The dragonfly is hand drawn.  I practiced a lot on scrap paper before I dared to draw it freehand.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Nature's Nest, Inspired by Nature
Ink:  Timber Brown StazOn, Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Old Olive, SU Markers (River Rock, More Mustard, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Sahara Sand)
Paper:  River Rock, Naturals Ivory, Night of Navy
Other:  Stampin' Sponges


Jack is getting really good in the walker.  He's loves to empty the recycling bin and carried an empty apple juice jug around for a long time today.  I put him in the jumper to keep him in one place and he tried to walk in that!  He couldn't get very far so that didn't last long.  It's fun watching him explore.

Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Let me know you came and I'll return the favor.

Enjoy!

12 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oooo, that turtle is awesome!! I love that you were so brave in the hand-drawn dragonfly department. I think he's lovely!!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic! Love the way you masked this and the hand drawn dragonfly is perfect!
Lynn

Chrissie said...

What a great little scene Bonnie and I'm impressed that you drew directly onto the card, that's always the time when things go pear-shaped for me... super job!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kim S said...

Oh my gosh...it's like a painting...gorgeous!

Aileen said...

What a lovely scene, love the arty look. x

Carol said...

Great masculine card, Bonnie. Your coloring is just wonderful!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love all your entries for this week's LiM Bonnie but this one is my favourite. I love the little turtle and I love the colours you've used for your scene.

Mandi said...

Just brillian tBonnie
Im very impressed at your srtistic skills
I used to beable to draw, at school.... bu not anymore!

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

What a great card, Bonnie! That turtle image is fab...and I love the scene you created around him!

Jenny said...

Love the scene you created Bonnie, your shading is top notch too...the tortoise looks so real :0)
Once those little ones get mobile they love to explore don't they :0)
Jenny x

Benzi said...

Love this pretty card with the turtle and grasses. I would have ruined the card for sure if I had tried to draw that dragonfly...good job, Bonnie.

I know you are enjoying that grandson. I bet he is just a real cutie.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great scene on and around the turtle! How cute that Jack is into recycling. ;)