Saturday, March 17, 2012

Snow Much Fun

I'm just under the wire on the Merry Monday challenge this week.  It's been a crazy week here, but I wanted to keep on my roll and be sure to get a card done.  I love this sketch too.


Here's what I did.


I took advantage of Torico's Birthday special on her Birdie Brown Etsy Store a couple of weeks ago and stocked up on her darling digitals.  Aren't these snow people the cutest? Your comments about heat setting the images to keep the ink from smudging works like a charm. Thank you for sharing these tips.

I cut the snow family on the Big Shot with the largest of the Ovals die and colored with SU Markers.  Then I used my non SU cutter to do a larger oval to mat the image.  Some embossing folders helped to add some snowy texture too.  I may go back and add some Dazzling Details. I haven't decided yet.

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Birdie Brown Digi, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Real Red, SU Markers (Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Real Red, Basic Black)
Paper:  Whisper White, Island Indigo
Other:  Big Shot, Ovals Die, Perfect Polka Dots & Snow Burst EF, Word Window Punch, Brights Brads

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and finding time to do some stamping.  I'm so glad you took the time to stop by.

Enjoy!



6 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, this melts my heart, Bonnie. I love snowmen and you've used this image to make an adorable card. I really like the layout, too. I'll have to check out Torico Digital.

Shelia said...

adorable snow people image and great coloring. I really like the embossing on this too. beautiful card.

Cynthia said...

Love it! Those snowmen are the cutest!! And the textures give the card that little something extra! :-)

jimlynn said...

Cute little snow people and love this wonderful card for the holidays!
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this snowy image Bonnie! The red blue and white colour scheme is fabulous.

Lesley said...

Adorable card Bonnie! Great colours too!!! Isn't that digi so cute!