Friday, March 9, 2012

Through the Window

It's taken all week but I've finally finished this card for the Merry Monday challenge to use this sketch...

This month Sandi MacIver is the featured designer.  I've been a fan of Sandi's for a long time and have CASEd several of her beauties over the years as well as taken advantage of her wonderful tutorials.




I fiddled and played with this and had lots of fun.


When I first saw this sketch, I thought about my window die.  I wanted to create a scene looking in from the outside.

First, I masked an area the size of the window with sticky notes and stamped the tree with Old Olive ink kissed with Always Artichoke.  Then I sponge the rest of the area with So Saffron to imitate a lighted room.

It was so much white that I decided to score clapboard and sponge with a bit of gray ink.  Some punched greenery and colored Basic Rhinestones and Pearls decorate the window box and spray above the window.  I used some of the colored stones to decorate the tree too.


All items are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree
Ink:  Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Basic Gray, Going Gray
Paper: Whisper White
Other:  Basic Rhinestones, Basic Pearls, Simply Scored, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, Poppy Stamps Small Madison Window and Window Box, MS punch

I don't think I will trust this card to the Post Office.  But I always send some packages to family and it will fit well in one of them or handed to a special someone.

I really love to do this challenge even though it seems to take me days to complete it.  By Christmas last year I was so tired of making Christmas cards.  It's kinda fun to do one a week and know I'll have a wide variety of cards by Christmas.

Thanks for stopping to visit.  I so enjoy hearing from you.

Enjoy!

20 comments:

Benzi said...

Bonnie, this is super. I love that Christmas tree inside the house. The clapboard outside was a great idea. Very creative!!!

Cynthia said...

OMGosh, Bonnie! That card is over the top insanely awesome!!! It's my new favorite card of yours!! Love love love it!!! I think the tree "inside" is the perfect touch. WOW.

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh my I can see how much effort you have made with this ... It is wonderful! Well done! Also now want a window die for my stash too.. Imagining all the uses I could find for it!

Patti said...

I love this. How welcoming it looks from the outside.

jimlynn said...

WOW! This is just a wonderful scene. Love the siding on the house and it really is just like looking in a window. How wonderful!!!
Lynn

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful x

Susie said...

If this doesn't win this week there's something wrong. This is really, really stunning and beautiful.

Stacy said...

Oh my goodness Bonnie, this is fabulous! I love the tree peeking through the window (and the ornaments!).

Lesley said...

Such a stunning creation Bonnie, I love that window die and the white on white look you created is simply stunning. A gorgeous Christmas card!
Hugs,
Lesley

Jeanne H said...

Very, very nice card! Isn't that window die great?

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning, love the window treatment

Leslie said...

Stunningly beautiful!! Really, really lovely and eye-catching! Congrats on winning - it's a winner of a card!

Catie Cuddles said...

I loved this so much I am back ... and whats more there is an award for you over at my blog... go check it out!
http://catiecuddles.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Bonnie, this is just stunning. I will be CASEing it for sure! Congratulations on winning the Merry Monday challenge!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Okay, Bonnie: this is my FAVEST card of yours EVER!! And I have plenty of faves. ;) I think this is sheer genius of creativity. It needs to be put on display as home decor!

Carol said...

OH MY GOSH, BONNIE! THUD! Did you hear that? It was my jaw dropping on the floor! There are no words to describe how beautiful this card is! No wonder to me that you won the Merry challenge and get to be the next guest designer...Congrats!

Terstamper said...

I ADORE your card! It looks so realistic, I feel like I'm peeking through someones home. LOL.

Ter ;)

Anonymous said...

This is really nice Bonnie!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

What punch did you use for the greens in your window box? I have been tring to find it forever! Please let me know. Vidafirst@mchsi.com

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card; the soft yellow glow through the window makes the 'inside' seem warm away from the cold outside.
Which punch did you use for the greens in the window box? They look very effective and I can't find the right punch for my designs!