Thursday, May 31, 2012

Watercolor Roses

Today's card in honor of my friend Susan Bri, who is the Featured Stamper on SCS this week.  If you click on her name above, you can go visit her fabulous gallery.  Scroll down though.  There are so many cards honoring her, that you'll have to scroll to get to her own cards.  What a tribute!

Here's the card I chose to CASE.  And here's what I came up with.


My Papercrafting group worked on these Watercolor Roses a couple of weeks ago and I was so excited to see Susan's card and another way of presenting these pretty flowers.

You can see Sandi MacIver's wonderful tutorial on how to do this technique here.  It's really quite easy and we found it works much better on the Shimmery White cardstock than on watercolor paper.

 Here's another with a vertical layout.


And while I'm at it, here's another that is a CASE of one of Sandi's rose cards.


Fifth Avenue Floral is one of the sets that will retire tonight.  And one of these cards will go to a dear friend who is also retiring tonight.  Fitting, don't you think?

The embossing folder used on the last card is retiring also.  I'm not sure if there are any left, but if you want one, you better try to order today.  The smaller area was embossed with my Whacked Embossing Folder.  Again, it's a Sandi MacIver technique but if you click on the link, I have directions for whacking.

All the leaves were stamped with Garden Green on Shimmery white scraps.  I used one of the leaves from the French foliage set and a blender pen to fill in.

And I still have some painted roses that need a home.  I guess they'll go in my UFO (UnFinishedObject) box for later.

All supplies are Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Fifth Avenue Floral, French Foliage, Sincere Salutations, Holidays and Wishes (long retired)
Ink:  Whisper White, Garden Green, Regal Rose (card 1), Rose Red (card 2), Chocolate Chip (card 3)
Paper:  Shimmery White, Whisper White, Regal Rose (card 1 & 2), Cameo Coral (card 3)
Other:  White EP, Re-inkers (Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Cherry Cobbler) card 1-2, (So saffron, Cameo Coral) card 3, Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Elegant Lines, Manhattan Flower, Finial Press EFs

I can't wait to get my order in for some of the new stuff!  I get butterflies just thinking about it.

Thanks for stopping by and many thanks for your kind comments.  They make me smile.

Enjoy!




5 comments:

Benzi said...

Absolutely beautiful cards, Bonnie. I had to go check out that 'whacked embossing folder' tutorial again...so cool!! Hope I can remember this time to try that.

Susie said...

Both of these are really beautiful.

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the roses. The colors on all the cards are just so beautiful!!

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Bonnie-I love the watercoloring on the roses

Aileen said...

The large roses are so pretty and you've done a grand job of watercolouring them. x