Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Afternoon

I loved the Summer Afternoon hostess set the first time I laid eyes on it.  Here's one of the stamps in the set.


I should have masked the sky and put clouds in it, but I kinda like cloudless days.  That little Bluebird is sure enjoying this swing.

There's a challenge on SCS called Wood You Like a Challenge.  I had one sheet of wood paper.  I bought it last year at a craft store at the beach.  I was hoarding it, but not any more.  It was just right for matting this image for this challenge.  (I have some left to hoard until the next wood challenge.)

I used the wood paper to cut and emboss a button with my embosslit too.  In hindsight, I should have glued a few of them together to give more of the feel of a real wood button.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Summer Afternoon
Ink:  Jet Black StazOn, SU Marker (Old Olive)
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Wood (Unknown)
Other:  Watercolor Crayons, Stampin' Pastels, Blender Pen, Big Shot, Sweet Buttons Embosslit, Houndstooth EF, Linen Thread

It's finally cooled off a little bit.  We still really need rain.  Hopefully, we'll get some this week.  They say there's a good chance of a lot of rain.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you'll come back and if you take time to leave a comment, big thanks!

Enjoy!


9 comments:

Cynthia said...

That is SUCH a cute image, Bonnie! I LOVE the little bird--adorable!

jimlynn said...

That wood paper is perfect for the matting of this image Bonnie! So pretty with the embossed background too. This is the only image I haven't used out of that set - but know I'll be using it soon.
Very pretty card!
Lynn

Autumn Mist said...

This is lovely, what a gorgeous image, I love the plant pot next to the leg of the swing.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great way to use up that hoarded wood, Bonnie! I imagine it might be difficult to paper piece with wood, but that *would* be cool to do with this swing, too.

Victoria said...

I'd love to be reading my book on that seat!

Benzi said...

Very pretty and such a relaxing scene.
Your cloudless day looks great. We have finally gotten rain and cooled down a bit...for now.

Darnell said...

This is so perfect in every way!! Out here we have very few clouds on a sunny day, so it looks exactly right to me. But sometimes I miss those fluffy huge clouds you get in the midwest.

Darnell said...

Oy. I have a meeting to go to, but I wanted to catch up on your blog. In the rush, I just wrote a long message and then hit the red x instead of the publish bar. I CANNOT multitask!! So I will just say I think your card is PERFECT and come back tomorrow ...

Ellen said...

That set caught my eye as well! Just got it this week and have made one card with it so far. Yours is perfectly CAS. :)