Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bloomin' Marvelous Baja

I've been trying to clean up the craft room from the last two classes.  Sometimes it seems like I'll never get caught up.


I combined a couple of the kits to come up with this.  It's very quick and easy. No masking, just random stamping.

And I love this butterfly now that I have the Bitty Butterfly Punch.  The punch cuts off some of the black around the outside and leaves it looking more like a butterfly and less like a moth.  I like to use two colors of markers to color these.  On this one I used Wisteria Wonder around the outside and Marina Mist in the center of the wings.  Then I used a blender pen to blend the colors together.  A little White Gel Pen around the bottom dots and punched it out.

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bloomin' Marvelous, Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Other:  Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Simply Scored, Adorning Accents Edgelits & Embossing Folder, Bitty Butterfly Punch

I'm so sad that Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery are being discontinued.  These are two of my favorites.  I'm really happy with the colors that are coming back and I've seen a  hint of the new In Colors and I think we're going to love them!

Thanks so much for the visit.

Enjoy!


15 comments:

Cathy said...

Love this card Bonnie, your butterfly is gorgeous! That fancy border looks fantastic too :)

jimlynn said...

I think I may NEED that little butterfly punch now! SO cute and your card is just beautiful!
Lynn

Di said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie, perfectly made as always and I thought you'd used a ready made butterfly there - perfect!

Hugs, Di xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this card is just gorgeous Bonnie!I just love that butterfly against the yellow flowers!

I too am sad about Baja Breeze and Certainly Celery, I use them all the time :(

Darnell said...

Very pretty handmade BP, Bonnie! I'm sad about Baja and Celery, too!!

LeAnne said...

I am with you on the craft table clean-up.....can never get caught up! This is just lovely! I love the smaller panel and your embossed lines...such an easy technique but very effective!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie :)It is so pretty.
I love the colours you have used here and the pretty little lace edge and ribbon finish it all off perfectly.
Nessa xx

Sue - said...

Pretty card. Not sorry about Baja breeze going I prefer pool party.

Autumn Mist said...

Gorgeous card, Bonnie, that butterfly is so delicate. I think baja breeze IS my favourite colour and don't know what I'm going to do when it's gone!

Cynthia said...

Loooooove the butterfly!! I did a double-take because I thought he was real! I love the color combo on the card too! And I'm glad to see you found a bit of time to pop in here! ;-)

Maria said...

Another lovely card with pretty floral image and butterfly! Sweet embossed framing and pretty design with panel and ribbon!

Narelle Farrugia said...

You should see my table at the moment (actually you wont see it, it so cluttered!) This is gorgeous Bonnie!

Ellen Taylor said...

Love the color combo and the simple scoring! Had to pin both of your cards! Have a happy day!
Ellen

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Bonnie! Those colours are so refreshing and very pretty. xxx

Benzi said...

Beautiful, Bonnie...like a day full of sunshine and butterflies. Love it!
I've been away for several days and playing catch up.